PDA

View Full Version : transmission lock question

cajun
02-25-2020, 01:40 PM
I have '95 gulf stream sun voyger 8314 don't remember the letters if that makes a difference. Is it normal to have to pull the light switch on at least to parking lights in order to move shift lever in gear. Is this someone wired in for theft protection or whatever. can't move lever by just hitting the brakes.

RayChez1
03-08-2020, 11:40 AM
I never heard of that before. But does it shift after you pull on the light switch? It might be like on my coach I have to move the seat all the way forward before I can pull a slide in or out.

THenne1713
03-08-2020, 12:42 PM
I have '95 gulf stream sun voyger 8314 don't remember the letters if that makes a difference. Is it normal to have to pull the light switch on at least to parking lights in order to move shift lever in gear. Is this someone wired in for theft protection or whatever. can't move lever by just hitting the brakes.
SUSPICION is you have a Brake Light Issue (POWER OR GROUND?) and Light Switch backfeeding just enough voltage THRU THE BULB ELEMENTS to activate the lock solenoid?

95GulfFShip102
03-08-2020, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure if this applies to yours, i have a 95 Gulfstream Friendship 102 with a cummins 8.3 and allison 6-speed push button. I found out that it has an overspeed circuit such that you can't get it into gear if rpm's are high. This may be a stretch, but perhaps the lights put some load on the engine that (due to the alternator) that it slightly slows down the engine rpm, thus removing the interlock. Just a thought.

cajun
03-09-2020, 06:27 AM
Thanks for your info. with weather as is haven't looked into it anymore will make a post when I find out what and how it is wired.