PDA

View Full Version : Draining the water tank?

bbaluski
03-15-2020, 06:41 PM
I have a 2003 BT 5230 I need to flush out my tank but I don't want to run my pump that long. Is there a gravity drain? I found this device but I am not sure how it works. It seems awful fragile. It's next to the tank. See image.

Leisure Time Larry
03-16-2020, 12:22 AM
Yes, that is the gravity tank drain. Pull up on the handle to open. Best if you can hold onto the base with you other hand while you do it. It is only a 1/2" pipe and valve, so it will take a very long time to drain the full tank this way, like overnight long. Another way to drain the tank is to open the cold low point drain, which is the same type of valve on my rig, then run the pump to pump it out at 3 gal/min. That is assuming you are in a place to dump clean water. If not, the final way I empty my fresh water tank is to run the pump and open a faucet to pump it into the gray tank then dump, repeat. I usually will do this while at a dump station. Good luck! -LTL

bbaluski
03-22-2020, 06:20 PM
Thank you Leisure Time Larry: It worked great. Was kind of scary pulling up on a piece of plastic 17 years old but no problems. Now I am going to add a 10% bleach let it sit a couple of hours and then flush that out. I bought a new RV filter for my hose. I am hoping for some nice water to go boon-docking.

THenne1713
11-10-2020, 11:56 PM
Gently LIFT the black pastic T-handle. Should be x3 each. Open all Inside faucets for fastest drain flow; close faucets and these after empty. Little clip can be removed to remove guts and clean tube with straw brush
of mud daubers/ road dirt if required.