PDA

View Full Version : Surburban water Heater

racebitz
03-31-2020, 01:59 PM
H Folks

First, I hope everyone is staying safe in these strange times. If you are housebound, like me then perhaps you are using some time to make a few repairs.

I am trying to understand my little water heater. It worked fine for ages, but at some point last year the little red light in the switch wouldn't come on, and I honestly did not have time to look at it too much.

I have some time now, and cannot make head not tail of the thing. I understand it is propane, but cannot see the temp sender unit etc.
Can anyone enlighten me further?

The label is too faded to read the model type.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick (Indianapolis)

Colorado350
04-02-2020, 08:38 PM
Look inside the cabinets there should be a label that lists the models numbers. Check the fuses, one on igniter and the master. The WH has to have water to ignite, I believe the Suburban WH requires a sacrificial anode to prevent corrosion and build up.

miked
04-12-2020, 10:51 AM
are you having problems with the electric or propane not working or both?

bmojmhs
04-12-2020, 11:50 AM
Here is a link to the Suburban Water Heater Troubleshooting manual.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Troubleshooting%20Guides%20and%20Tips/Water%20Heater%20Troubleshooting%20-%20Suburban%20V1.3.pdf

ghoney1
04-13-2020, 12:47 PM
If you tuned it on without water in the tank you would burn out your heat element and it would have to be replaced before continuing.

Robert+Lori
04-13-2020, 07:36 PM
Have you tried You Tube? There are many trouble shooting videos on Suburban water heaters