PDA

View Full Version : Living room slide out nylon strip

JIMNINA
05-04-2020, 08:36 AM
Hope everyone is well during this time.

We have a 03 YellowStream DP. On the living room slide there is a nylon strip that has broken on each end. Has anyone replaced this strip with either rollers or the strip itself? I called Gulf Stream adn they gave me the old part number. I sent it to Lippert with no answer, so I'm not sure what avenues I have.

Thanks
jim,

Chuck v
05-04-2020, 08:54 AM
I replaced the strip when I first bought my Tour Master used in about 2008 or 2009. At that time the shop in Oregon bought it from GS directly. They trimmed the ends about a quarter inch so it was not crammed into the corners of the opening and they stated that would allow it to not be flexed and cracked due to the motion of the slide during travel. I don't think the strip is under much stress when the slide is fully out...

The material is a UHMWP (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) plastic and very abrasion resistant, maybe you can have a shop make you an appropriate strip. Here is a vendor that has material in sheet up to 240 inches long. https://www.curbellplastics.com/Research-Solutions/Materials/UHMW

Chuck

JIMNINA
05-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the info chuck v. We might be up in that area in a few months and will check it out.

06-12-2020, 08:37 PM
I'm not really clear on what you've described, but what I perceive is that I had a problem similar to what you've mentioned. The molding wasn't available, so the company looking after it used Durabond and it works great. Hope this might help.

Chuck v
06-12-2020, 10:29 PM
Thanks Ken,

We were not talking about the slide room seal in this thread, just the Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) plastic low friction strip at the bottom edge of the slide room opening that supports the huge slide as it moves in and out.

The Durabond sealant might be a good patch on an existing but worn/leaking wall seal gasket molding, however...as long as it is applied to only one side and does not stick to both parts of course.

Chuck