PDA

View Full Version : high step

Granny on the go
04-14-2007, 12:47 PM
:?: I have a 98 Scenic Cruiser on a Mountain Master chasis. the step up from the retractable step is really a big one making it difficult to enter the coach. Has anyone else come accross this or does anyone have a suggestion. :lol:

earljan34
04-14-2007, 01:02 PM
First Welcome to the GS owners forum!!!! They make a step that hangs on the lower step to give you another step can't remember where I seen it but you can also use a folding platform step we did this for many years in the old MH as it only had one step camping world sells these steps. Hope this helps you.

Earl

Jim Davis
05-03-2007, 10:04 PM
I have the same problem with my Gulfstream Tour Master. The single electric step is the right distance from the ground, but the next step is inside the door. A huge step. I am looking for a step that would have another step to rise as well as go down. Does anyone know of such a thing? - Jim

Granny on the go
05-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi Jim ,
Looks like we have the same problem. I am going to the Spartan Rally in June and will see if they have any solution or suggestion. Will let you know when I get back.

Jim Davis
05-19-2007, 01:21 PM
We won't be able to go so let us know if you see something, Thanks :)
Jim

stevenlit
05-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Hmmm... My '01 scenic step isn't high. In fact, I wish the motorhome road a little higher at times.

samjr
06-07-2007, 01:57 PM
I too have the high step but came up with a solution. The first step with the step extended was slightly low @ 7" the second step into RV was 14" and a bear.

I cut 2 pieces of 2X 8 wood boards to fit the entire step area. Drilled a few 1" holes in the 2 pcs to reduce the weight. Drilled 2 holes in the retractable step 1/2" and added 3/8" bolts sticking out ot the bottom of the 2 board assembly that mated up with the holes in the step. Step addition is held in place with a couple of wing nuts. Covered the entire unit with matching indoor/outdoor carpet.

Bolted on during camp set-up...the added step makes the first step @ 9.5" and the second 10". not OSHA approved but much better than stock.
My kids love it as they had big issues getting in before.

Don't forget to pull it off before pulling out though. :) Hope this helps.