PDA

View Full Version : Top sturdy enough?

Bill Ward
06-25-2020, 02:45 PM
Hello,

Newbie here. I recently purchased a used 2007 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite LE travel trailer and I need to replace the bathroom vent/fan assembly.

My question is: is the top of the trailer sturdy enough for me to climb on top of? I've heard that trailers that don't have a ladder on the back generally don't have a top that can withstand the weight of a person.

thanks,

Bill

Colorado350
06-25-2020, 07:46 PM
Here’s the building process from GS, you can see they’re built very robust. I have an 2007 Innsbruck Lite, I walked on it seal the roof and install solar panels. Just pay attention to how the roof feels under foot, if you’re really concerned get a half sheet of 1/4” plywood and lay it on the roof.

Bill Ward
06-26-2020, 09:01 AM
Thanks very much for the info. I appreciate it!

Bill

Colorado350
06-26-2020, 07:54 PM
You’re very welcome Bill.

jmorris
07-05-2020, 05:27 PM
Hello,

Newbie here. I recently purchased a used 2007 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite LE travel trailer and I need to replace the bathroom vent/fan assembly.

My question is: is the top of the trailer sturdy enough for me to climb on top of? I've heard that trailers that don't have a ladder on the back generally don't have a top that can withstand the weight of a person.

thanks,

Bill
Bill
You can always cut 2 each 1/2 ply wood 2ft x 3ft and use them like snow shoes. I started doing that on my mothers mobile home.
Good Luck

Jim