PDA

View Full Version : Generac Quietpact 75D generator problem

Franktown
08-09-2020, 01:17 PM
My Generac Quietpact 75D generator only runs for 6 minutes. Anyone know why?
Thanks

swensondc
08-16-2020, 10:58 AM
My Generac Quietpact 75D generator only runs for 6 minutes. Anyone know why?
Thanks
Need more information, is it putting out electric power when running for 6 minutes?
Could be low on oil or low oil pressure
Low on water, there is an auto shut down for the last two listed to protect engine.
Fuel filter may be clogged.
Good luck, FYI Generac no longer makes generators anymore for motorhomes.

Franktown
08-16-2020, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the reply to my problem. The generator does produce electricity for the 6 minutes. The oil and water are at proper levels. I've purchased a replacement oil pressure switch but haven't found its location on the generator. I plan to remove the shrouds around the generator to expose more of the machine.

THenne1713
08-17-2020, 11:27 AM
If any auto start feature installed, are u starting w/ low battery feature, then it senses battery not low and shuts off?

Franktown
08-17-2020, 12:34 PM
Thank you for the reply/help. My unit does not have an auto start feature and batteries are fully charged.

Franktown
12-24-2021, 09:56 PM
Despite the overflow radiator fluid tank showing sufficient fluid, the problem with continuing running was the fact I hadn't checked the radiator itself. A technician removed the cover on the top of the generator exposing the pressure radiator cap. He looked inside the radiator and didn't see any fluid. He added the fluid and the radiator started right up and ran for two hours. Problem solved.