PDA

View Full Version : Vista 23CSK Fresh water tank replacement

CaTrem
08-13-2020, 07:09 PM
Hi,
Recently, our 2017 Vista 23CSK fresh water tank began to leak (rectangular 28'' x 18'' x 12'').
The problem source was a crack on one of the 3/8'' NPT outlet female connection.
We tried to repair the leak with some good glue, but it didn't work. Any other idea before getting to the last option, that would be to replace the tank (see attached pictures)?
Where would you recommend us to order a new tank? I looked in the "List of Suppliers and Manufacturers" on Gulfstream website (https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/manuals) and I did not find the fresh water tank supplier/manufacturer.
Thanks for your help!

BPeschka
08-30-2020, 10:53 AM
Consider JB Weld Plastic Bonder, a two part epoxy.

A lot of the epoxies, including various JB Welds, say they don’t work on poly-whatever plastics. This one does. Might find at HD. I found on Amazon.

Worked well on our Tupperware garden shed.

Good Luck

mschmitt5
08-30-2020, 07:29 PM
If the leak is at a fitting, a replacement fitting can be spin-welded onto the tank. I had that done years ago on my 1990 Jayco Tent Trailer. This is a repair that can be done by a qualified RV Technician at a dealership.

SlimTim
08-31-2020, 06:14 PM
+1 for the spin-welding. A good RV repair shop should be able to do this. Or if you are handy and have a wood router or other fast spinning tool you can Likely do it yourself.