PDA

View Full Version : Table light

Scrooge517
08-23-2020, 11:15 AM
In my 2005 Gulfstream Friendship G7 above my dinner table is a light with a push button on/off switch but I have no power does anyone know if there is another switch or where the power comes from? Thanks Ron.

Chuck v
08-23-2020, 12:35 PM
On my Tour Master there was also a wall switch near the table adjacent to the small desk (which I think was a feature on some but not all units...mine was a T40C.)

Since I had the wall switch for turning the circuit completely off, I replaced the on-fixture pushbutton with a toggle switch that allowed the three lamps to be either in parallel for full brightness or in series to simulate dimmed (candlelight) dining illumination levels. There is a thread on this site about that modification.
https://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1859
This was when I was not skilled at posting images so Bob helped me out quite a lot at that time. I also did a similar modification to the bathroom 4 lamp fixture to achieve a night light level of brightness...

Chuck

Boze33
08-30-2020, 07:15 PM
If your GS is anything like 2001 GS Yellowstone Bus model 8407, that light above the table is 120v. It is connected to the GFI in the bathroom

Texas Shriner
08-30-2020, 07:18 PM
I have a similar light push button set up in my 2008 Independence 8359. I had to replace the switch on mine. Just a thought.