PDA

View Full Version : What diesel fuel?

Bella
08-25-2020, 02:57 PM
We have a 2008 Merced’s Sprinter on a freight,owner chassis. I am confused as to which grade of diesel should we be using at the pump?

Thanks

Colorado350
08-25-2020, 09:36 PM
What grade of diesel? I’ve never seen different grades of diesel at a pump. Farms run red but that’s not gonna be at a pump. Buy your diesel from BUSY stations or even better at truck stops!

UAHaerospace
08-28-2020, 07:08 PM
DIESEL for sale at any fuel station is Diesel - use it... there's no 'grades' of diesel.

If you're confused by the term of 'Ultra Low Sulpher', etc., that's just the basic name for the standard grade of diesel used by all over-the-road vehicles, trucks, cars, RVs, etc.

Ldubs
12-18-2020, 08:06 PM
There are different types of diesel, including bio diesel blends. But as already said, unless you live in arctic conditions, what you will have access to at the pump is #2 Diesel. No. 2 Diesel is the common diesel blend used for everyday on the road vehicles. Well, other than spark ignition engines which use gasoline of course.

UAHaerospace
12-21-2020, 06:40 AM
I think most new-to-diesel owners are confused by the 'warning' stickers that seem to point toward some 'certain' diesel that must be used, and while it does make sense that the 'blend' is correct for most any 'newer' diesel vehicle, the diesel that you find at most ANY diesel fuel station is going to be the exact fuel you need - no worries.

are there other 'blends', such as 'off-road' diesel? Yes, but that is generally always at a SEPARATE area of any fuel station, not the typical gas pumps.