PDA

View Full Version : SuperNova International

rld63
09-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Brake Pressure Warning light is coming on (Along with the ABS) .
Found out how to silence the horn. Was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what some possible fixes are.

Thanks,

Roy.

JohnnyAfrica
09-11-2020, 10:22 PM
ABS module may be the issue ...

rld63
09-12-2020, 09:59 PM
Thanks Johnny.

Gemini John
09-13-2020, 02:22 PM
My 2008 Supernova ate one under warranty then a second one last year. Dealer only. No fun but it fixed the problem. Entire unit gets renewed. HTH John

rld63
09-13-2020, 07:40 PM
Update: drove for 400 miles today with no alarms. Difference was rain and wet roads when alarms sounded and dry roads today.
Thinking I have some exposed sensor connections.

Gemini John
09-14-2020, 07:54 AM
Ours was intermittant for 3 years before it died. Have someone scan the system and look for communication codes with the instrument cluster, or communication to PCM. We cleaned and ohmed everything to no avail. Then it finally died, International installed new unit, all good since.

rld63
09-14-2020, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the comment. I figured ours will go eventually. Looks like most have had to replace it.

LabCab
09-20-2020, 11:24 AM
Found out how to silence the horn. Was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what some possible fixes are.

Thanks,

Roy.
Well welcome to the ABS club.

Best thing you can do is get your rig over to international Navstar dealer and have them replace the ABS unit. This is been an ongoing problem with these vehicles. The unit goes out causes all kinds of problems. You’ll still have breaking however you’re not half ABS braking. I went through two of these units on a 2008GS 6263.

Very frustrating all of a sudden you see lights and whistle’s and wonder where the hell my brakes went.There is no easy fix to this they need to go in and replace the unit. These units have been going bad on these vehicles as well as on the Nav Star school buses. So it’s not an unknown or uncommon occurrence. In addition it ain’t cheap!

Best of luck it’s not the end of the world but it will cost you a few dollars to get this thing fixed and if you don’t I would not recommend driving your rig around on a long-distance trips.

rld63
09-20-2020, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the advice. Will get an appointment next week.

LabCab
09-20-2020, 11:40 AM
Good luck like I said it’s not cheap but it’s not the end of the world either.

Stevejo
09-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Mine has come on two different times but went back off on its own.

BadX
10-13-2020, 08:48 AM
Been down this road. I'll post the link to my thread. Do like LabCab said and take it to a Navistar International. Even our dealer had issues pinpointing the problem and I kept telling him what everybody on the forum told me. They replaced the brake controller and everything has worked since. Good luck.

https://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4890

pwerwagn
01-05-2021, 04:03 PM

Thanks,

Roy.

How did you silence the alarm?

--Jeff

BadX
10-03-2021, 11:44 AM
How did you silence the alarm?

--Jeff
I removed the instrument panel and unplugged the alarm. The lights work but no annoying beeping