PDA

View Full Version : Water heater leaking

Cap1c40
09-14-2020, 09:35 PM
We have 04 Sun Voyager 8379 and the water heater is starting to leak. I am looking to replace it. I am trying to determine which one to use. I think my unit might be a Suburban SW10DEL. Has anyone replaced their water heater and which one did you use.

04 Gulfstream 8379MXG W22 8.1 Vortec

Cap1c40
09-23-2020, 07:11 PM
My water heater is a Suburban SW10DE. Which is a 10 gallon water heater.

networkguy
09-27-2020, 08:26 PM
You can call and ask!
I have an 02 Ultra Supreme, when I call and give the serial number - they are ready to provide answers (providing they still have them.

They have been very supportive to my questions.

My unit had a SW6D (6 gallon) water heater. (which I got from a label on the actual water heater)

I just replaced it with a SW6DE.
This unit hasan electric element that can be used on "shore power", saving LP gas. Not to mention it has no pilot light (battery power will fire it off when needed)

I got mine on Amazon.

It does not come with a mounting ring, so do not remove/discard parts until completed.

Same number of gallons = same physical size = direct replacement..

NOTE: Self install will void the warranty.

It went in easy, all connections fit well. A couple of wiresneed cut and spliced to the new unit. (all colors were the same)

The "S" in the name is for Suburban the manufacturer. They have a support number as well and they were mhelpful.

My heater is a Suburban (SF_35) Suburban Furnace 3500 BTU)

Simple naming convention makes support easier.

Hopefully this will help.

Jeffrey
09-27-2020, 10:35 PM
Amazon
GIRARD 2GWHAM Tankless Water Heater
Heater.
$ 518 33
Easy install, you won't be sorry

jeremyseattle
09-28-2020, 12:35 PM
It went in easy, all connections fit well. A couple of wiresneed cut and spliced to the new unit. (all colors were the same).

Did the new water heater come with a control board, or did you use your old one?

Cap1c40
09-30-2020, 07:44 PM
I ordered a scratch and dent from an online RV company for a discounted price figuring the metal would come with some dents. The DC control box was damaged but the circuit board looks ok. If it is damaged I will use the old one. I will be installing the unit shortly.