PDA

View Full Version : owner

Cterkelsen
10-06-2020, 03:09 PM
I have a beeping sound when I put it in gear? Steps are up slides are in jacks are up? No lights on the dash.

2003 Gulf Stream scenic cruiser

Dennis4809
10-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Cycle the jacks. Likely thinks one is still extended. I had to slap mine once a few years ago. Must have been almost but not quite retracted.

Cterkelsen
10-09-2020, 08:39 PM
Cycle the jacks. Likely thinks one is still extended. I had to slap mine once a few years ago. Must have been almost but not quite retracted.
I went out today and did that still have a beeping in gear. Someone told me if fluid is low it could do that. I guess there is a sensor in the reservoir if fluid is low it thinks something is still extended.

Dennis4809
10-09-2020, 10:22 PM
Doubt that it’s low on fluid. Fluid goes out to extend the jacks and to extend the slides. Retracting them brings the fluid back to the reservoir. Never fill the reservoir with jacks down or slides out. Big mess when you retract. Guess if there is a sensor on the reservoir it could look for a low fluid situation but it just doesn’t sound practical as there’d be no room for error. If the tank was a little low, the alarm would always sound. If it was a little over full, the alarm would never sound.

I think there are sensors on each jack to show when it’s fully retracted. Don’t know if you could visually determine if one is not retracted as much as the others or not. I did take a block of wood one time and hammered mine up. Slapped all four and apparently one wasn’t quite seated as the alarm stopped.

Good luck,

RayChez1
10-11-2020, 03:19 PM
My 2002 Scenic Cruiser will beep on several things. It has been mentioned if the levelers are down it will beep. Also when you put the coach into reverse gear to back up you will hear a beeping inside and on the rear of the coach, just like all big rigs do. Then it will also beep if the radiator temperature gets too hot climbing big long mountains, once it reaches certain temp it will start warning you to let off the pedal and shift gears down, also it helps to turn off your dash air conditioner and start your generator to use the two top air conditions. It will also beep if you do not have enough air and you press on the breaks to let you know you got to pump your reservoirs up.
Hope you find out what is beeping, could be critical. And good luck.

Cterkelsen
10-18-2020, 08:07 PM
I have checked everything I can come up with? Fluid levels ok , jacks are up and confirmed, slides are in and steps are up. I am getting a chime not a beeping or alarm and again only in gear. It sounds like right behind the dash panel.

Cterkelsen
06-30-2021, 10:47 AM
Thank you everyone I was able to find the beeping sound in gear. The parking brake light would go off when you released the parking brake but the beeping kept beeping there is switch on the air tank for the warning beep.