PDA

View Full Version : Brake light indicator

AvantiTwo
11-09-2020, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone,so I have a 99 Gulfstream diesel pusher with air over hydraulic brakes,when applied brake light indicator comes on,off when released.
Brake fluid is full.The coach does stop and all just not comfortable with this light coming on ,,any ideas on this?

Sundancer268
11-15-2020, 11:54 AM
Sounds like you have some air in the system, that light only comes on if there is an un-equal movement in the two systems. In other words, if there is a leak in one system, there is one system which has pressure and the other one doesn't so the switch moves turning on the dash light. If there is no leak, air will also cause the problem if one circuit has air and the other one doesn't the switch will move and then MIGHT return as the bubble is compressed enough to equalize the two system pressures. I had that same problem on my 95 Scenic Cruser on the Spartan EC-2000 chassis. I had to power bleed them to get the air out, the normal pumping the brakes method didn't work.

AvantiTwo
11-15-2020, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info,what do you mean about power bleeding the system?

Sundancer268
11-15-2020, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info,what do you mean about power bleeding the system?

It is a tank like a garden sprayer you can pressurize and with an adapter on the top of the Brake fluid reservoir I purchased one on E-bay and had to fabricate the adapter from some flat stock and a rubber gasket material which I fastened to the top of the reservoir with a "C" Clamp. There is a fitting tapped in the adapter I attached the sprayer hose to and pumped up the pressure. As you open the brake bleeder screws, brake fluid is forced from the pressure tank into the reservoir forcing the clean fluid and air out the bleeder screw. With additional adapters you can bleed and brake system. Professional mechanics use them all the time, though those systems are a lot more expensive.

11-18-2020, 05:03 PM
If the other comments don't help you, check your anti lock brake system. If that's causing the light to come on, an anti-lock sensor reset can rectify the problem. I had that problem with my 2000 Tourmaster.

Bearjake
09-15-2021, 05:27 PM
I have an ABS light on. How do you do an anti lock reset? Thanks for any help.