PDA

View Full Version : Yet another noob..

Paulcifer
11-12-2020, 09:55 AM
Howdy.. Just a quick hello.. Operating a Gulf Stream has fallen into my lap and while I have lived in motorhomes, campers before, I have never had to operate every part of one.. Needless to say there is loads to learn.. Currently in need of what the prior owner meant when they wrote CS and RS on the break box labels.. I know:

Main = Main
Mic = Microwave
Conv = Converter
AC = Air Conditioning
RS = ?
CS = ?

These last two I am stumped at the moment.. Anyone??

Nice to meet you all..

Thanks,

Paul

Leisure Time Larry
11-12-2020, 05:08 PM
Hi Paul,

RS = Road Side (Driver side)
CS = Curb Side (Passenger side)

These are typical geographic circuits of outlets on 120v or lights on 12v. Like a traditional house, separate circuits are set up for loads and to ensure you don't loose everything if there is a fault. It is good to test and map/note what stuff is on what circuit for your rig. That info can be very valuable when issues arise. Also, they might not be where you think. For example, I have outlets on the driver's side on the CS circuit that I would think would be on the RS to make sense.

Best.

Paulcifer
11-12-2020, 05:54 PM
Thank you very much for the education Leisure Time Larry.. I knew it was going to be something which made sense but I couldn't put the pieces together.. I tested the outlets and thought it might be Right Side and Left Side, but the L looked like a C.. Then I was wondering why he didn't write Port and Starboard.. CS and RS works better anyway.. Are you up to help with a bit more decoding? Same sort of issue with the fuse box and I cannot power up the rig to pull them one at a time to figure it out.. If you're willing, let me know.. Thanks for having my back..

I will need to post a picture or e-mail it..

Paulcifer

UAHaerospace
11-14-2020, 03:00 AM
prior owners don't 'write' on labels, the factory does.