PDA

View Full Version : Heated Holding Tanks

hossross
12-01-2020, 04:35 PM
I have a B Touring Cruiser and was told it has heated black and grey tanks. I see no switches to control them. So 2 questions:
How do I know if my unit really has heated tanks?
Where do I find the controls for them if I do?
The brochure for that year says tank heaters were an option, so I assume if it has them, they would be the type used in 2006

I see the after market has automatic temperature controlled heaters ie automatically come on below some pre-determined temp
and the other type is switch controlled which appear to be constant on or constant off.

slaredo
12-06-2020, 10:49 AM
I have a 2005 BT Cruiser 5250 that has this option. The type in my coach is UltraHeat - https://www.ultraheat.com/ultraheat-rv-tank-heaters. There are pads affixed to the tanks with wires running from them. My rig has a red lighted toggle switch in the bathroom to turn off/on.

No documentation about these came with my coach - I bought it used, but I think previous owner had provided all the docs he had. Can't remember now but think I figured out what brand it was by crawling underneath and looking at those pads.

ezdriver
12-06-2020, 10:55 AM
I can tell you what my 2005 BT Cruiser 5270 has.
The control is a red switch in the bathroom on the wall near the 120V outlet.
The heating pad looks like a flat sheet of rubber stuck to the bottom of the tank, about 6 inches wide, and long enough to cross the bottom of the tank and wrap up the side a couple of inches. Electric wires are attached.
I hope this helps.

Stovebolter
12-06-2020, 02:19 PM
On my 2020 BT 5240
Sorry about orientation of photos.