PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Yellow Stone Electrical/Hydraulic Issues

wmnvbob48
12-10-2020, 12:48 PM
We have a 2006 Gulfstream Yellowstone Class A. We have issues with the hydraulic system. The Living Room and the Dining Area slides will extend fine. When they are retracted, they will come in about 1/3 of the way then stop. After a pause they can begin the process again for about another 1/3 of the way. After another pause the slides will retract all of the way in.
The four stabilizing/leveling jacks extend until a load is placed on them. Then it is go-pause-go. When the jacks are being retracted, they also suffer from the go-pause-go issue. On the last trip the dash board lights for the leveling system indicated the jacks were still partially extended. Visual inspection confirmed they were fully retracted.
Has anyone experienced these problems? Any suggestion for fixing the issue?

Dennis4809
12-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Change the motor on the hyd pump. As they fail, they draw to much current and trip the thermal breaker. Check pn 430-22005, a 12vdc motor used on outboard engines for tilt/trim.
It’s not easy, but they can be changed without pulling the pump.

wmnvbob48
12-13-2020, 04:26 PM
Dennis4809
Thanks for the help.

spacEman
12-15-2020, 08:10 PM
Check to see if the solenoids for the electric motor are going out. Just had a similar issue with our 2007 Crescendo 8386. Electric motor was Ok, solenoids intermittent.

RayChez1
12-20-2020, 10:48 AM
It seems to me like you might have some weak house batteries. Check them out with a hydrometer.

12-20-2020, 11:34 AM
"We have issues with the hydraulic system.
Has anyone experienced these problems? Any suggestion for fixing the issue?"
That's a really interesting conundrum. I'm sure you'll get it fixed, but could you please let us on the forum know what it was when you get it corrected

RayChez1
12-20-2020, 11:47 AM
I had problems with the big slide coming in only halfway, then it would stop. It turned out to be the house batteries were weak. Changed them out and they work perfect now.

bmojmhs
12-20-2020, 11:52 AM
Attached is a troubleshooting guide for the Equalizer Systems which I have on my Class A.

glavinfamily
12-20-2020, 01:37 PM
Check the fluid level. Had the same issue as you and fluid was low topped it off with blue hydraulic fluid is for snow plows and no issues since

MAJWayne88
12-22-2020, 07:06 PM
We have a 2006 Gulfstream Yellowstone Class A. We have issues with the hydraulic system. The Living Room and the Dining Area slides will extend fine. When they are retracted, they will come in about 1/3 of the way then stop. After a pause they can begin the process again for about another 1/3 of the way. After another pause the slides will retract all of the way in.
The four stabilizing/leveling jacks extend until a load is placed on them. Then it is go-pause-go. When the jacks are being retracted, they also suffer from the go-pause-go issue. On the last trip the dash board lights for the leveling system indicated the jacks were still partially extended. Visual inspection confirmed they were fully retracted.

Hi, I would be interested in seeing pictures of your motorhome, as we have the same year and model! See attached photo.

Dennis4809
12-31-2020, 08:22 PM

Any luck on the repairs?