PDA

View Full Version : I lost a part while driving!! Please help!

Sandyritchey
01-07-2021, 04:49 PM
I am a new owner and while driving my motorhome for the 2nd time the exterior cover that goes on the hot water heater fell off. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement? It is a 2005 GS Sunvoyager 30’ . I uploaded a picture. Any help would be appreciated!

Carol C
01-08-2021, 04:02 PM
We lost our cover last year latch was not turned properly. Found new one on Amazon. You need to know the make of 5he heater, Atwood, suburban ....
Good luck

Sandyritchey
01-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Thank you Carol!!!

stargazer66
01-17-2021, 09:31 AM
We had the same happen several years ago. Found a new one through Camping World.

jamesham
01-17-2021, 02:39 PM
This is a standard common part...Suburban or Atwood water heater door. Get a new latch also...an extra cost option. Camping World, PPL Motorhomes in Texas, or Amazon are great sources. It appears you are in luck that yours does not have a big swish paint job across it.
TIP: We put a small white twist tie thru the loop in our door latch to prevent this from happening. Took two losses to get that smart.

[QUOTE=Sandyritchey;32845]I am a new owner and while driving my motorhome for the 2nd time the exterior cover that goes on the hot water

RayChez1
01-17-2021, 10:01 PM
yes you can buy one at just about any RV sales store. I lost mine about three years ago coming from Death Valley, but the reason why people lose those is because the lock on the original factory cover is made out of plastic and the sun will rot just about everything within time. But the new one comes with a metal lock which will last a long time. I had to have it painted to match the motor home.

RayChez1
01-17-2021, 10:04 PM
I am a new owner and while driving my motorhome for the 2nd time the exterior cover that goes on the hot water heater fell off. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement? It is a 2005 GS Sunvoyager 30’ . I uploaded a picture. Any help would be appreciated!

I guess the cover for your water heater is different then what my coach has. The picture you are showing looks more like the cover that is for the refrigerator on mine.