PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2006 Golfstream Tourmaster User Manuals

richtlcsales
01-22-2021, 09:02 PM
I just got a 2006 Golfstream Tourmaster MPVT 40RV. There was no manuals for it. Have so many questions on winterizing and unwinterizing. Can't figure out how to open the awning. Can anyone help with the manuals.

Thanks Rich

Chuck v
01-23-2021, 10:35 AM
Rich,

The Gulfstream manuals are very general and do not show much on specific systems on the Tour Master coaches. Most of the good information is contained in the manuals for the individual appliances and accessories.

The awning to my 2007 Tour Master had a switch labeled "extend - retract" on the wall just adjacent to the co-pilot seat where you can reach it when in the doorway. These awnings had wind sensors that would retract them in high wind conditions, and that control is in the front basement compartment where the freezer was located.

I no longer own this coach or I could post some pictures. Here are a few documents that might help...

Chuck

richtlcsales
01-23-2021, 05:37 PM
Thanks Chuck,

I saw that switch and tried it. I could hear a solenod clicking. I see a metal loop on the edge of the auwing. Is there something that has to be unlocked for the motor to engage.

Rich

Chuck v
01-23-2021, 05:57 PM
Did you try both positions of the rocker? If you only pressed the "retract" side it would make a clicking noise but not move...

If the awning does not move for wither switch position, the next thing to check is the wind control in the front basement bay near the tire by the front steps. As I recall it is mounted rather high up on the back wall of that compartment so you may not see it if you don't bend down a bit...and I don't remember its various settings either but it should only be enabled or off. The manual I attached above shows this chart:

Chuck

spacEman
01-25-2021, 12:22 PM
I have a 2007 Crescendo and got lucky when I purchased it - the seller had retained almost ALL manuals for the various systems. I don't know much about your vehicle but presume there is a lot of similarity from year to year regardless of model. So ... let me know what you are looking and I will assist if I have the info you need.

richtlcsales
01-25-2021, 07:03 PM
Would like to see that. Can you call me
507-312-0185
Rich

zippyphd
01-31-2021, 09:32 AM
Rich,

There's a FaceBook group dedicated to Gulfstream owners. I've had great luck getting answers to many questions there! https://www.facebook.com/groups/423524024415896

I have a 2007 GS TourMaster 40B with the MBE 906 engine.

As for your awning question, I didn't have that particular manual, so that's great! I did find there is a safety cut off that engages with the engine is running. (Found that out by trial and error .. mostly error..)

If you search this forum, you'll find a wealth of information, including some of the hardest, such as various wiring diagrams, info on hydraulics, etc..

Good luck! I know I've enjoyed my rig for some time!

Keith

nemo45
01-31-2021, 09:55 AM
What is an MVPT 40RV? Never heard of that model. I have a 2006 40A.

nemo45
01-31-2021, 10:04 AM
Thanks Chuck,

I saw that switch and tried it. I could hear a solenod clicking. I see a metal loop on the edge of the auwing. Is there something that has to be unlocked for the motor to engage.

Rich
Press one end and it retracts press the other end and it extends. Can’t remember which is which.

01-31-2021, 01:38 PM
I have the Carefree Mirage awning on my 2000 Tourmaster. If that's what you have as well, I can send you the manual.

riverofcode
03-02-2021, 01:30 PM
If this has the little chrome wind sensor on forward edge of the awning then it will not extend if the sensor is bad. I had to replace one that had water ingress to get mine working again. Seems to have cost me around $90 for the sensor online.

richtlcsales
03-12-2021, 08:58 AM
My jack fluid is low and I can't figure out where to add the hydraulic fluid. I trace the lines to a box, where all lines meet, but see no reservoir to fill.

Can anyone let me know where to fill it, and what type of fluid it uses. I see a lot of these units use tranny fluid but I see more of a gold fluid leaking on one of the jacks.

Thanks Rich

riverofcode
03-12-2021, 09:18 AM
If you hydraulic jack box looks like this, there is a screw off vent just to the left in the picture under that shroud on the top of the tank.

richtlcsales
03-21-2021, 04:49 PM
Thanks that helped a lot. I did find it. Do they take tranny fluid or hydropic fluid.

Thanks Rich