PDA

View Full Version : Hello From New Owners!

wsantelope
01-23-2021, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone!
We are Walter & Shari.
We just bought a brand new to us 2007 Gulf Stream Vista Mini-Cruiser 4530 Class C.
We are not planning to be full-time but we do plan to travel a lot. We are new RV owners but not new to camping.
This unit only has had two owners and only has 32,000 miles on the diesel engine. we had it thoroughly checked out mechanically but we didn’t go through everything we needed to on the inside. Thankfully my husband is mechanical and we are working through things.
We are excited about our coming new adventures!
I would try to attach a photo but I can’t figure out how because it wants a URL.

Mebryant
01-31-2021, 10:21 AM
We own the same rig and love it. Bought it 4 years ago with 16K miles. Now have 31K. We have found it to be well built and perfect for the 2 of us to enjoy. Would love to stay in touch as you get started on your adventure.

MjNelson
07-28-2021, 11:55 AM
I just replied on a thread about blinds with both of you but thought it would make more sense here. Do you have any issues with power going up hills in your units? We just bought this a 2007 and it loses power any time we go up even the slightest incline. It is like it wont go above 3000 RPMs and then just slows down up the hills. On the flat, it will go 80 all day long and has tons of power. The sprinter dealer is telling us that is "just how they are and the engine is protecting itself from the weight of the rig" but we are finding that hard to believe. We are just looking for someones experience to tell us if their unit does this as well or if it is something we may be able to have repaired. We LOVE this floor plan and size so we would love to fix it if we can. My husband thinks it is stuck in some kind of high speed limp mode but the computer wont show it and the sprinter dealer there is no such thing and they have done all they can. We are thinking about taking it to a diesel engine place instead.
Thanks in advance for any feed back you can give!

Alabamamike
08-04-2021, 07:06 PM
Hi, My wife Melanie and I just bought a Gulfstream Enlighten 20RD. We live in Pineville, NC. I am originally from Alabama (hence Alabamamike) and she is from New York.

tulsaducati
08-07-2021, 02:33 PM
My husband and I just purchased a new GS BTCruiser 5255, our first one, upgraded from a sweet little Winnebago WinnieDrop trailer. We're excited, getting ready for our first short check-out camping trip later this month. Learning a lot from all the posts about what we need, gathering all the stuff, and outfitting the RV is a lot of fun in itself. Thanks to everyone for posting advice and experiences.