PDA

View Full Version : Split Relay Charge

Mucca
01-23-2021, 01:24 PM
Hi there, Just putting this out there. We have a 2006 Sun Voyager and I understand that all the 12v equipment and coach battery is charged via a 110v to 12v power converter. So my question is, can you install a split relay charger with a power converter? Personaly I can't see it being an issue, but I was wondering if any of you have any knowledge on this. Kind Regards Jason

THenne1713
02-13-2021, 12:50 AM
Not sure what you mean? To do what? Why not factory unit?

hossross
02-15-2021, 10:45 AM
can you give a better problem description, First if your only considering operating conditions of hooked up to shore power ie 110 or 220, then that power is run thru the Converter to reduce to 13.6 to 15 volts DC. All the 12 volt loads (lights, pumps, etc) run off the battery. None of that runs directly off the converter. All 110 items obviously do run directly off shore power or the generator. With this understanding what is your idea and is there a specific problem you were trying to solve?

THenne1713
02-16-2021, 02:05 PM
Hi there, Just putting this out there. We have a 2006 Sun Voyager and I understand that all the 12v equipment and coach battery is charged via a 110v to 12v power converter. So my question is, can you install a split relay charger with a power converter? Personaly I can't see it being an issue, but I was wondering if any of you have any knowledge on this. Kind Regards Jason
TIP: Easy to add (USB/12v outlets, etc) when you convert all lights to LED, you reduced load/circuit by 90%, now available for other accessories, then tap a light circuit; already wired/ properly fused :-)