PDA

View Full Version : 2019 BT cruiser 5245 slideout

Farmboy
03-21-2021, 06:05 PM
Just got our new 5245 home. Had it in my shop for a week to check things over. Parked in my driveway, now the slide tries to go out but stops in about 4". Seems like rear slide by the bed is working ok, the front slide behind drivers seat seems to be hanging up. Any thoughts before I call the dealer tomorrow? Hoping maybe an alignment problem so I don't have to leave it as the dealer is 60 miles away.

Eddndee
03-28-2021, 11:06 AM
Just got our new 5245 home. Had it in my shop for a week to check things over. Parked in my driveway, now the slide tries to go out but stops in about 4". Seems like rear slide by the bed is working ok, the front slide behind drivers seat seems to be hanging up. Any thoughts before I call the dealer tomorrow? Hoping maybe an alignment problem so I don't have to leave it as the dealer is 60 miles away.

Does your manual have a troubleshooting section? If not, determine what slide system your coach uses, look it up on-line and follow the checks to do under troubleshooting.

Bonnie H
03-28-2021, 02:57 PM

I would look under the slide inside to see if it is hung up on something that rolled under it when it was moved.

Bonnie H
03-28-2021, 02:58 PM
Look underneath the slide inside for objects stuck under there.

THenne1713
03-28-2021, 06:11 PM
Is it hitting the drivers seat? Seat should be fully forward/ clear. Also make sure nothing has fall on floor between wall/ facefarame behind drivers seat.... it does/ can cause damage to faceframe mounting.

Tim 6316
03-29-2021, 01:48 PM
In some, parking break may need to be applied, or just simply in driveway, unit may not be level, which cause slide the lean and catch. I have the lean problem in my steep driveway. Also check top of slide inside...may be something blocking it there as well.

THenne1713
03-30-2021, 01:40 PM

First INSPECT INSIDE AND OUTSIDE to make sure no obstructions, locks, straps. Some brands/ models of slide use travel locks, I read? But an unseen forgotten bag of linen or toolbox inside can cause damage, as can the tree/ limb, or roof edge outside?

Farmboy
04-10-2021, 07:51 AM
Had it back to the dealer, Screws underneath were stripped out causing the gear racks to twist and draw to much power. Unit i s back in my driveway works very smooth now. Checking more things over, getting it how set up I want it. Iv'e discovered Gulfstream's workmanship to be lacking in quality! Tailights wired backwards, Cab top not insulated, glued to the original cab steel which caused banging over rough pavement. Come on Gulfstream! Two minutes, construction adhesive, simple fix, and no aggravating banging!