PDA

View Full Version : motorhome insurance

fyrengineer
04-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I am going to recieve my new gs class a motorhome in about 3 weeks. I don't know anything about insurance. Can some one let me know where a good place to get inexpensive rv insurance.
Thanks,
Bart

RJ82much
04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey Bart,

I live in MA where insurance companies all but refuse to do business. I was going to go to another state but I would have to register my coach there to get insurance. (You need an address for that.)

Then in the course of business with my auto insurance agent, he said I could "merely" add it to my auto policy. I did, I've got all my coverages, including comprehensive.

Prior to that, I thought I needed some kind of special insurance. But, let's hear what others have to say as well.

fyrengineer
04-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks Bob,

unfortunately, my auto ins. co. doesnt insure vehicles in value over 80K. So I'm still looking for a place to go for good rates.
Bart

coolchas11
04-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I have found Progressive insurance (800-925-2886) to be the least expensive. They also have roadside assistance, although I have not used this service. Our auto insurer was more $ than Progressive on the RV. Charlie