PDA

View Full Version : motorhome insurance

fyrengineer
04-25-2007, 10:20 AM
I am going to recieve my new gs class a motorhome in 3 weeks. Don't know anything about insurance for these units. Can anyone help me with info about an inexpensive place for motorhome insurance.
Thanks,
Bart

coolchas11
04-25-2007, 08:31 PM
We have found Progressive insurance (800-925-2886) to be the least expensive for us. They also provide some roadside assistance, although I have not use this service. Charlie

Arthur Hayes
04-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I use Gilbert RV Insurance, you can get information as how to contact them from Google.

Arthur Hayes
04-26-2007, 09:14 AM
To make it easier I am providing you with the Gilber Insurance web address. http://www.rv-insurance.com/

I had gotten several quotes from insurance companies and Gilber provided the most coverage and at a better rate.

fyrengineer
04-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks to all of you, I am checking into those
Bart

ken1373
04-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I have used Gilbert for several years and found them very efficient to deal with. They represent Progressive among others. What has always confused me is how Gilbert consistently gives me better pricing for Progressive than Progressive themselves give me for the exact same coverage? I guess I am insurance challenged.

One thing you might want to check into, at least for the first couple of years with a new motor home, is replacement cost vs. depreciated value cost. Yes, ithe replaacement cost coverage is more expensive; but, you owe it to yourself to weigh the pros and cons. A new motor home is NOT an investment per se and the value drops like a rock. Think about what you are paying for the motor home and what you would receive via depreciated value method . The time to proyect yourself from a god forbid casualty is up front, good luck however you elect to prtoceed...

BTW, I chose replacement cost coverage and then to offset the higher premium costs I elected to take higher deductibles as I was looking for majort casualy coverage and not be filing claims for the nickle dime stuff....Ken

stevenlit
05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
We have National Interstate Insurance. It is less than 1/2 what Safeco was charging us. I think Safeco thought we just had a very expensive car!!!! :)

Critter81
08-20-2007, 07:44 PM
GEICO they are now in the RV insurance business