PDA

View Full Version : How do I stream from my tablet to my TV?

PaddlePAT
05-02-2021, 05:42 AM
Absolute beginner when it comes to having a TV while camping. What do I need to connect my Fire HD8 Android tablet to my TV?

Thanks!

Chuck v
05-02-2021, 09:34 AM
AFIK, you need a smart TV with a wireless connection or a direct network connection, which you likely do not have depending on the age of your RV. If you have an HDMI connection as a spare input to your TV, you may get by with a direct input from that Fire module that looks like a thumb drive or similar...

Others on this forum may have more direct and helpful experience in this...

Chuck

Vetters2
05-09-2021, 09:23 AM
Good morning,
If your tablet has a usb-c port, you can hook it directly to your tv using a usb-c to hdmi cable. I use that setup with my chromebook and Ipad, works great also works with some cell phones that have usb-c as well. You can find them on amazon or even at everyones favorite store walmart lol. Have a blessed day..

Chris

Gingersdad
05-09-2021, 11:21 AM
I just recently went to Best Buy and talked to their tech savvy clerks. He made sure I had everything I needed an NOT what I "thought" I needed. I took my tablet in with me. I had to buy Apple Brand cable with lightening connector. Nice part is they have these cables in stock. Works well too.

Ldubs
06-27-2021, 10:36 AM
Good morning,
If your tablet has a usb-c port, you can hook it directly to your tv using a usb-c to hdmi cable. I use that setup with my chromebook and Ipad, works great also works with some cell phones that have usb-c as well. You can find them on amazon or even at everyones favorite store walmart lol. Have a blessed day..

Chris

X2. Works great.

PaddlePAT
06-27-2021, 02:22 PM
Unfortunately, Amazon did away with the ability to mirror your tablet screen to your TV, so using a USB C to HDMI cable does not work with my Fire HD8+ tablet.

I wound up having to use a Chromecast on the TV, Setting up a mobile hotspot on my phone, then using the Google Home app on my tablet.

What a pain in the neck...

Ldubs
06-27-2021, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately, Amazon did away with the ability to mirror your tablet screen to your TV, so using a USB C to HDMI cable does not work with my Fire HD8+ tablet.

I wound up having to use a Chromecast on the TV, Setting up a mobile hotspot on my phone, then using the Google Home app on my tablet.

What a pain in the neck...

That is unfortunate. Happily, we are still able to just plug and play from the iPad.

riverofcode
07-02-2021, 09:58 AM
Chromecast.... https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast?hl=en-US