PDA

View Full Version : water pump location

william gatto
05-09-2021, 02:15 PM
I have a 2010, 36 ft. Prarie Schooner. I need to replace the water pump. Can someone tell me it's location. Thank you. Bill G.

RY469
05-09-2021, 02:49 PM
It's funny you ask that . . . I'm a RV Service Tech and this is a normal "egg hunt" for us. Usually, the fresh water tank is next to the fresh water fill port (short hose to it) and the water pump is next to the fresh water tank. We run the pump and listen for the noise to source which panel it's behind after that. Under the pedestal sink in the bathroom is always an elusive spot . . . Good luck. Hope this post helps a little.

Dennis4809
05-18-2021, 10:52 AM
I have a 2010, 36 ft. Prarie Schooner. I need to replace the water pump. Can someone tell me it's location. Thank you. Bill G.

How did you determine that you need to replace the pump if you don’t know where it’s at? If it runs, you should be able to find by listening. If it runs but doesn’t build pressure or shut off, check for an air leak between the tank and the pump. If it doesn’t run, check for 12vdc at the pump. Could also be a bad pressure switch at the pump. My most recent is an invisible crack in the strainer at the input to the pump. Pump would run but just sucked air. In my experience, all are more likely than the pump itself.

Good luck,