PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Gulf Stream Innsbruck How to turn on furnace

Sariah
05-29-2021, 12:45 PM
Hey everyone. Bought an old 1993 GS Innsbruck to redo. We want to take it out camping. It’s been cold the past week and we can’t find where the furnace/fuse is at... could be totally dumb haha, but this is my first rodeo. Anyone know how to do it, where it is and can help out? I don’t see anything in the manual. Thanks!

NavyLCDR
05-29-2021, 09:39 PM
Maybe walk around the outside and look for the vent on the side of the wall?

Sariah
05-31-2021, 05:53 PM
Maybe walk around the outside and look for the vent on the side of the wall?

I guess I explained this wrong... I don’t know how to get the heat turned on. I know where the furnace is, just don’t know what to do or how to get the pilot lit? Or whatever...

NavyLCDR
06-01-2021, 10:55 PM
I can't help much. On modern trailers the furnace runs off 12v DC and propane. If you have a stove, make sure you have propane by burning a burner on the stove for a minute or so. The furnace will have a DC fuse in the power center - usually a 15 amp automobile type fuse. If you have a good fuse in there, the furnace will be controlled by a wall thermostat. There may be a heat on/off switch on the thermostat. When the thermostat is turned up, and the heat on/off switch is on, the furnace fan should come on. Again that runs off 12v DC. Then the gas should light with a spark also powered by 12v DC. If the gas doesn't light after 3 attempts with sparks then the furnace will shut off. To reset it, pull the 12v DC fuse for the furnace for a minute or so, then put it back in.

Being a older trailer from the early 90's though, maybe it has something different. But if you find the furnace vent I talked about on the outside of the trailer, that will be the location of where the furnace itself is on the inside.