PDA

View Full Version : BT5210 Added steel drag wheels

Yukon Jack
05-29-2021, 01:31 PM
On my 2021 BT 5210 I noticed the rear would drag on the pavement with seemingly slight changes in driveway transitions like at gas stations. The existing drag bars did the job of protecting the coaches rear end equipment but the dragging of steel on pavement was un-nerving. I have had wheels on a TT I had and they did a good job. I decided on the steel wheels as they are going to hold up better to the weight of the RV. I used Ultrafab 3” hitch mount type that use U bolts to mount them. I did not want to remove the existing drag bars as they could assist the rollers if needed. I did want the wheels to be just a bit lower so that the wheels would contact the road surface first. I was able to make spacers that allowed the wheels to be lower than the drag bars. I had to add 2 spacers to each U-bolt to make this happen.

mudhen1952
06-06-2021, 10:21 PM
I need to do this for my btouring cruiser. Where did you get the wheels? I'm sure they are HD to carry the load when making contact with the surface.

Yukon Jack
06-06-2021, 10:36 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Fab-Products-48-979018-Hitch-Protector/dp/B007HRWB2O
Here is the Amazon link.

Yukon Jack
06-06-2021, 10:40 PM
I should add that they have grease fittings and do not come pre-greased. So make sure you orient the fittings to allow for greasing.

dpitchai
07-07-2021, 11:27 AM
Did you get the bushing as part of the product? If no, can you recommend the size?

Yukon Jack
07-07-2021, 11:32 AM
Did you get the bushing as part of the product? If no, can you recommend the size?

What bushing are you referring to?

dpitchai
07-20-2021, 01:48 PM
What bushing are you referring to?

Sorry I did not know the proper term. I meant the black heavy duty washer or some thing you used.

I got some washers, and even after adding it, the steel wheels are at same level as the metal projection from the Hitch. I can't add more washers, since I would be running out of threads.

Yukon Jack
07-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Sorry I did not know the proper term. I meant the black heavy duty washer or some thing you used.

I got some washers, and even after adding it, the steel wheels are at same level as the metal projection from the Hitch. I can't add more washers, since I would be running out of threads.
I too find the bars still hit this last week so I am going to cut off the bars. Really don't need them since I have the wheels.