PDA

View Full Version : Electrical panel

RV Roy
06-13-2021, 09:04 PM
I believe “I’m not an electrician “ that my whole panel in my 2006 gulfstream cavalier needs to be replaced where can I find one ? I’ve looked high and low and no one can give me a definitive answer on a price or availability most are too used to be of any significance
Thank you

Yukon Jack
06-14-2021, 10:35 AM
I was looking for information about my electric panel and found new ones on Amazon. You could just get a similar size, probably all will be the same size, and it will be newer. Would still do the job.

RV Roy
06-14-2021, 04:09 PM
Thank you I found the part a bit pricey I think but I gotta have it thank you
Have a blessed day

RY469
06-15-2021, 12:33 AM
I believe “I’m not an electrician “ that my whole panel in my 2006 gulfstream cavalier needs to be replaced where can I find one ? I’ve looked high and low and no one can give me a definitive answer on a price or availability most are too used to be of any significance
Thank you
I am an Electrician . . . And can I suggest you get a qualified Tech to do the work? Most RV Service Centers could fix this issue for you pretty quick (if you are in Chicago area, I'd be happy to fix it at the Dealership I work). May cost a little more, but is a much safer option.

RV Roy
06-15-2021, 09:50 AM
Thank you for your time and input I have some experience at residential wiring but the 12v system is new to me I’d rather do the work myself so I can learn it and I am in the middle of renovations and upgrading it so I won’t be moving it yet
Thank you for your time

UAHaerospace
06-15-2021, 04:05 PM
most any Progressive or similar brand 'RV Converter Panel' is easy to replace - the Converter, Breaker panel, and 12v fuse Panel are all integrated.

THenne1713
06-20-2021, 09:32 AM
The ONLY thing I see "funny" about your panel picture is TWO 30a Breakers? Should be 30a MAIN, 20a AIR, 20a Microwave. That is the 12v CONVERTER in the bottom of the metal can.... I am assuming you have the proper covers?

Sundancer268
06-20-2021, 09:38 AM
most any Progressive or similar brand 'RV Converter Panel' is easy to replace - the Converter, Breaker panel, and 12v fuse Panel are all integrated.

I did the progressive upgradecin my 1984 Shasta Travel Trailer and it was no problem.

RY469
06-20-2021, 09:44 AM
Look close at the picture, you'll see smaller gauge wiring on second 30A breaker, leading me to believe (as you said) the second breaker should be smaller in amperage. Also note condition of terminals and wiring. There appears to be a cut in the insulation of the main shore power feed (to first 30A breaker) for example. Part of why my suggestion is to have a knowledgeable / qualified electrician involved.

RV Roy
06-29-2021, 09:30 AM
I have to say that it was not that complicated to fix I just had to learn how power works. The problem is now solved for the most part I now have to fix the ac and run a new wire to the front bedroom as I said before I am not an electrician

THenne1713
07-12-2021, 09:03 PM
Just take out that 2nd 30a and take to store and get a 20a to replace it.