PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Gulfstream Power Inverter/ Generator issues.

Midnightrider
06-21-2021, 10:18 AM
2006 Gulfstream BTouring Cruiser F450 Chassis V10 Having a few issues with getting 110 power to outlets. The interior lights work on battery power, but no 110 outlets work. They work fine when connected to shore power. I cannot locate the inverter anywhere. Can anyone tell me the location so I can check it for connections and for a fuse/breaker reset?
Also having issues with cummings /onan generator. Repair shop installed a new solenoid and the generator started ok 2x, now will not start again. Will not crank at all. I have replaced 2 solenoids in 3 weeks. Some help please. Thank you.

Chuck v
06-21-2021, 10:26 AM
You did not say which model of coach you have, so I will just be discussing my setup... The generator and the inverter run from a third bank of batteries that are neither the coach or chassis bank. This inverter/generator start bank consists of four each 6 volt golf cart style batteries located under the windshield...perhaps yours are discharged/dead. There is a control panel in the center cabinet over the windshield (to the left of the front TV...) that controls the inverter -- which also charges this bank.

The inverter itself is in the front most bay under the driver's window in my coach...

Hope this is somewhat helpful. Do post back the model of your coach if we need to be more specific.

Chuck

Midnightrider
06-22-2021, 09:39 AM
I found in another post that the inverter is under the bed, so I need to search there for more answers.

Chuck v
06-22-2021, 03:23 PM
Thanks for editing your first post to indicate your 2006 coach is a BT Cruiser...that helps the discussion. Much different than my diesel pusher...so will let other members here that may know of the inverter specifics on the BT help advise you.

Chuck

Midnightrider
06-24-2021, 08:09 AM
Having a chance to plug into shore power all 110 outlets work when hooked up to a 110 20 amp circuit. so I need to check the inverter and look for other breakers. Still have not gotten the generator to start, there is power to the solenoid but it will not crank, from either start location in the coach or at the generator. The breaker on the generator is reset. The button glows red and the priming pump is working, but no crank. TIA. Dan

THenne1713
06-27-2021, 09:25 AM
2006 Gulfstream BTouring Cruiser F450 Chassis V10 Having a few issues with getting 110 power to outlets. The interior lights work on battery power, but no 110 outlets work. They work fine when connected to shore power. I cannot locate the inverter anywhere. Can anyone tell me the location so I can check it for connections and for a fuse/breaker reset?
Also having issues with cummings /onan generator. Repair shop installed a new solenoid and the generator started ok 2x, now will not start again. Will not crank at all. I have replaced 2 solenoids in 3 weeks. Some help please. Thank you.

1) Not all RVs have an inverter, and if/ when you do, they do NOT supply ALL receptacles. Many ONLY supply 120vac to the REFRIG, and mounted under/ near Refrig, which is near battery?; 2) Will GEN crank using the START switch on the GEN itself vs Remote inside RV? Check 5a Fuse on GEN connection box? LOOSE fuse in fuse holder can give intermittent.

purduepete12
06-27-2021, 09:30 AM
I have a 2007 BT Cruiser model 5291B.
My inverter is located behind the back cabinet wall, under the kitchen sink.
Had the same problem and it turned out to be a blown auto fuse in the inverter.
There are three fuses.

EAGLE-1
06-27-2021, 02:01 PM
I have a different coach, but mine is under the bed

trotline
06-27-2021, 03:45 PM
2004 Gulfstream 35 ft Motor Home. All electrical for coach under bed.
Short version....
110 from gen and shore will charge 12v system. The 12v system runs separately and will not support 110 when no gen or shore.
Long version...

I replaced the change over switch and the inverter. It was a big deal since it was part of the breaker panel at the foot of the bed.
I remove the change over and inverter. got new ones that were stand alone at camper store online. rewired that area.
My 12 volt works by itself all the time from house battery. Engine or gen will charge house battery.
With gen or shore plugged in they directly run the 110 and charges the battery bank.
When no shore or gen there is no 110v. Because it would run the 12v system down quickly if it also powered 110. I added a table top 12v inverter for 110 for cpap mask by bed.

I am adding solar panels and battery bank that will power ac and 12v so I can get off grid. without running gen all the time.