PDA

View Full Version : How to remove cargo doors?

Terry’s Atrium
07-10-2021, 09:57 AM
Howdy, I’m a new GS Atrium 8410 41’ Freightliner Cummins owner in Colorado. Just purchased it with 30K miles in AZ and drove it home to CO. I’m doing a little tinkering and am hopeful that I might be able to tap into our knowledge. I’ve owned RVs of all types for decades but have never owned a diesel pusher.
1. A couple of the basement cargo doors have some damage and I want to remove them but can’t quite figure out how? They seem to be attached to a trim rail. Any advice?
2. The windshield wipers stopped working. This has a smart wheel where the windshield wiper switch is located. I’d like to check the fuse. I found a variety of fuse boxes but not one for the windshield wiper. Any ideas?

Thank you for our time and help. It is greatly appreciated.
Terry

boatguypat
07-31-2021, 01:02 PM
You have to lift all the way open then slide the basement doors forward or backward to the end of the molding that holds them in place. You may need to loosen the molding/hinge in order to clear. I actually cut through mine near the center of the coach to remove a door, rather than slide all the other ones off that are in the way. THe wiper motor fuse should be in the basement compartment on the driver side front.

Terry’s Atrium
07-31-2021, 02:34 PM
Thank you very much for your response and picture of the fuse map. Very helpful!