PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water shows always full.

Yukon Jack
07-15-2021, 09:25 AM
I have a 2021 BT 5210. The fresh water monitor has always shown full. I have checked the monitor wire from the tank to the monitor panel and it is good. I have checked the ground on both the tank and monitor panel and they are good. I have replaced the sensor harness. All with no change. I figured that it must be the monitor panel circuit board but it is still showing full. All other tanks show normal level. I find it odd that this tank defaults to full, even if I disconnect the harness entirely. I know it is under warranty but I am 500 miles from the selling dealer and we all know how well another dealer closer is going to deal with a small item such as this. So I am trying to do what I can to repair it. Anyone else have experience with this?
Thanks.

Yukon Jack
07-17-2021, 11:12 PM
I have a 2021 BT 5210. The fresh water monitor has always shown full. I have checked the monitor wire from the tank to the monitor panel and it is good. I have checked the ground on both the tank and monitor panel and they are good. I have replaced the sensor harness. All with no change. I figured that it must be the monitor panel circuit board but it is still showing full. All other tanks show normal level. I find it odd that this tank defaults to full, even if I disconnect the harness entirely. I know it is under warranty but I am 500 miles from the selling dealer and we all know how well another dealer closer is going to deal with a small item such as this. So I am trying to do what I can to repair it. Anyone else have experience with this?
Thanks.
I solved it. Wire from sensor harness to monitor panel was shorted out to ground. When the factory pulled the wire through the floor along with the tank drain, the sharp hole in the floor metal cut into the wire insulation. Put sleeve on wire and now it works.