PDA

View Full Version : Battery replacement

PopPopK
07-15-2021, 10:26 AM
I am looking to replace my two deep cycle batteries on my Gulf Stream Innsbruck camper. The current ones are about 13 years old but are losing their punch. I want to keep the cost down but maintain the quality. I have a 100 watt solar panel I use to charge the batteries when parked. Any suggestions on brand etc. is appreciated.
thanks

Mike1931
07-25-2021, 10:49 AM
I always buy blemished batteries, they carry the came warranty service as the others.
Blemished means they have a defect on the outer case.
They normally cost 25% or more less than non blemished batteries!
Another good choice is; buy them at Costco! Costco normally carries First Interstate batteries. Costco’s warranty policy is longer and “No Questions Asked” it’s a full replacement as long as it’s within the warranty schedule.

Also there are only about Three manufacturers that make batteries and put different logos on them…
Just saying

Bogdan
08-25-2021, 10:11 AM
I use 2 6volt golf cart batteries, they have more amp hours then 12 volt and you can take them down farther then 12 volt. Costco best price

Mike1931
08-26-2021, 10:31 AM
I use for deep cycle 6 volt batteries. They really do a great job

RY469
08-29-2021, 11:32 AM
I buy mine at Sam's Wholesale. Whatever you do do, I suggest you ensure the two batteries are identical. Don't make mistake of mix-matching batteries. Will only perform and good as the weakest when sharing the load.

Vinnie
08-31-2021, 12:23 PM
I have had very good luck lately with products from Batteries Plus. The have "Duracell" deep cycle (golf cart, floor sweeper, etc.) batteries that are made by East Penn Manufacturing - same company that makes Deka. I plan to go back to two 12v batteries when my current 6v units are kaput.

Whatever brand you decide on make sure they are true deep cycle and not a combo starting/deep-cycle unit (e.g. "marine batteries").