PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak/TopKick Cab Improvements - Seats Electronics Consoles More Cupholders!

RVJeeper18
07-27-2021, 06:05 AM
New to me 2005 Endura We love the coach, but for an “upscale” Super C the Cab is surprisingly spartan - like straight out of a furniture outlet delivery truck. I haven’t had much luck finding aftermarket upgrade parts and accessories specifically for the Kodiak/TopKick. Thought a thread about cab modifications and upgrades would be a help for everyone.

Seats - Swivel options, Air suspension seats. Biggest problem is how to figure out what fits - tons of aftermarket seats available but no idea how to size/spec for Kodiak.

Center/Dash Consoles - That tiny center console by drivers seat just won’t cut it! Anyone find any aftermarket consoles for between the seats or under the center dash? Options for more/bigger cup holders and a little storage?

Dash Electronics - Best Dash Modifications/Additions you have made? Where to get switched and constant power for accessories like USB charges , Backup camera monitors etc. ?

Any other game changing improvements you have made or seen?

SlimTim
07-27-2021, 02:38 PM
Take a look at Western Hauler out of Fort Worth TX. They have been tricking out furniture delivery trucks for years; they provide trucks to the horse community (think rodeo people and etc). There are a number of other companies as well that make the show haulers and I know they used the Kodiak as a foundation vehicle.

I also recall reading a thread about upgrading the steering coulomb in the Kodiak with something out of a GM pickup. I think they did it so they could get the radio controls on the steering wheel.

I sold my Kodiak Super C years ago so I quit looking for upgrade ideas, but maybe this info will help point you in a new direction.

pwerwagn
08-31-2021, 11:43 AM
On my kodiak based gulfstream, I had found a console at Autozone that fit pretty good and had a decent amount of space. It was tough to find something that had space for storage, yet allows access to the back easy. The other option is Tuffy Consoles sells a narrow (8"?) console that should fit there pretty good!

As far as switched power and what not, I got all my power from the fusebox itself. For the in dash double din DVD player, I didnt used switched power, I used constant hot and put a rocker switch in the dash. That way it can be turned on with the key off.

--Jeff