PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic pump falilur

Photobug17
08-05-2021, 04:07 PM
We have a 2007 Sun Voyager on a FRED chassis. On our way home from Texas the hydraulics for the street side slide and the leveling jacks failed. The jacks would extend, but bear no weight and the slide wouldn’t move. Retracting is not an issue. On return home we took to our trusted repair facility and after some other issues were resolved they checked the pump and the extend side was low on pressure while the retract side was good. The manufacturer of pump, Lippert, apparently no longer makes the pump or supports it with parts. The repair facility sent the pump out to be rebuilt, but we just learned that the valves they installed did not work. This has been going on since April and I am looking for a different solution or idea. It seems to me that there are many class A’s that have this hydraulic platform and somebody makes a pump that would work.

RY469
08-15-2021, 01:14 PM
Based purely on what you wrote, first thing I would check is the retract solenoid valve on the hydraulic manifold. If it is leaking by, things would behave as you have described.

bmojmhs
08-15-2021, 02:16 PM
Attached is a hydraulic system troubleshooting guide for my GS Equilizer system. I would think other systems are similar.

Photobug17
08-15-2021, 03:48 PM
Pump came back from shop and they apparently fixed it. Is being reinstalled tomorrow. Will post results as soon as I know them. Thanks for the input.

chriscoe88
11-02-2021, 09:44 AM
Did that fix it? My entire hydraulic system does not work, no jacks and no slides, it does click the batteries are good. Motor bad? IDK what to do.

AZ Stroller
11-02-2021, 10:54 AM
One of your compartments should have a master hydraulic pump motor breaker. Mine is like a switch almost and is in the front compartment driver's side. My levelers are BigFoot Quadra. If that is flipped, none of the hydraulics will work.

chriscoe88
11-02-2021, 03:28 PM
One of your compartments should have a master hydraulic pump motor breaker. Mine is like a switch almost and is in the front compartment driver's side. My levelers are BigFoot Quadra. If that is flipped, none of the hydraulics will work.

Mine quit working mid stream, I have an 08 TM40 no idea where the switch is.

Photobug17
11-02-2021, 04:49 PM
Yes I had the hydraulic pump rebuilt, as there was no replacement to be had, and everything is working properly. It was sent to a company in Indiana, I would have to call to find the contact information. Cost was about $1500. Hope this helps.

ricklin
11-07-2021, 09:40 AM
My 02 Friendship has a Dewald hydraulic system, it runs the jacks and the big front slide.
Dealers get a fortune for this motor. Dewald is history.

Ebay to the rescue, it's the same motor pump that Mercury marine used for power tilt and trim for outboard motors.

About 50 bucks if memory serves, direct replacement, exactly the same.

I've seen close to a thousand bucks for exactly the same motor. Mine has been working great for years.

Pop Alexandra
12-20-2023, 02:33 AM
Quite pricey if it needs to be fully replaced, but there's no way around it.