PDA

View Full Version : no power to water heater

bob berndt
08-07-2021, 02:50 PM
I have a 1998 friendship 40' gulfstream. I do not have power to the water heater and can not find a fuse. What is the source of power for it. It h,as gas and 120 volt

Chuck v
08-07-2021, 03:19 PM
Bob,

On my coach (a later 2007 model) the water heater switch was an unmarked residential looking toggle light switch and red indicator lamp on a single plate and mounted in the same hall cabinet as the tank level indicators... I have heard of this switch being in a sink cabinet on some gas engined coaches.

I have no specific suggestions where you might find yours, and of course there may be a circuit breaker for this 110 volt circuit as well so check for that also.

For the electronic ignition gas system for the water heater, there should be a switch and small LED indicator in the area where your 12 volt auxiliary water pump control is located. There may also be a small rocker switch on the heater itself to turn off the gas ignition there.

Chuck

bob berndt
08-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Thanks I will check them out

Sundancer268
08-15-2021, 09:35 AM
On my 95 Scenic Cruiser, the Water heater power seems to come from the panel on my range hood, when it quit working, I lost my water pump and heater level sensors and vent fan. I replaced the fuse in 2009 so I am not sure if it was in my Battery Control Center or the Fuse Panel/Circuit Breaker Panel on my Bed Platform. At least, it gives you two places to look.

Boze33
08-15-2021, 11:45 AM
Hi.
On our 2001 Yellowstone bus there are a few places to check. By the sink you should see a residential looking light switch and the toggle is red plastic. Flick that up/down to see if it illuminates. Next check the water heater itself as mine has an on/off switch on it. But make sure you look for the breaker first... our panel is under the bed and the water heater is on it's own circuit.