PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic jack control beeps when pressing down buttons

moviejunky
08-10-2021, 05:31 PM
2003 GS Ultra Supreme. When I press any of the down or lower buttons, the hydraulic motor does not engage and the control panel beeps. When I press retract all or any one of the up buttons, the motor runs but of course the jacks are fully retracted anyway.

What does the beeps indicate?

MAJWayne88
08-11-2021, 02:26 PM
I have a similar problem in my 2007 Yellowstone. However, everything works, it just beeps incessantly. My solution was once all slides and jacks have been fully retracted (visual inspection), I unplug the power to the control board. Mine is a Power Gear (now Lippert) 140-1179. The beeping indicates an issue somewhere in the system.

moviejunky
08-12-2021, 08:32 PM
2003 GS Ultra Supreme. When I press any of the down or lower buttons, the hydraulic motor does not engage and the control panel beeps. When I press retract all or any one of the up buttons, the motor runs but of course the jacks are fully retracted anyway.

What does the beeps indicate?

Ah! It's a safety feature!! If there is power available to the engine, it will not allow you to LOWER the jacks, only raise the jacks. There is a power shut off knob / switch in one of the compartments, one knob to turn off power to the cabin, the other to turn off power from the engine battery. Once I turned that knob to off, removing power to the engine, the jacks work perfectly.

zzrv
08-15-2021, 10:32 AM
I have same motorhome.
You should not have to turn chassis disconnect switch off to operate jacks. Something else is not right. Make sure ignition switch is off.

Ron

EAGLE-1
08-15-2021, 11:48 AM
Is your ignition key turned on? Should be off.

THenne1713
08-16-2021, 09:32 AM
MANY auto-retract if IGN=ON, to prevent drive-away damage? Is engine running or IGN=ON? PARKING BRAKE may also need to be ON/Set?