PDA

View Full Version : Roof corner sealer

savery
08-26-2021, 09:29 AM
My 288ISL has a black colored,gum like,pliable material in the corners-presumably to seal the rain gutter corners. I'm not sure what this material is. Any help?

WJL3
08-28-2021, 06:17 AM
My 288ISL has a black colored,gum like,pliable material in the corners-presumably to seal the rain gutter corners. I'm not sure what this material is. Any help?

Possibly butyl

RY469
09-05-2021, 04:39 PM
Butyl tape is typically used between the item (rain gutter end caps) and the unit to seal screw hole, etc. Sealing vertical items (gaps and edges) you'll find silicone (DOW) products. Roof top, flat surfaces use (DICOR) self leveling type lap sealants. The roof should NEVER get silicone products . . . DICOR (with the picture of the bald guy on it) is the best thing for roof. So in answer to your question, it's probably black silicone, or could be butyl squeeze out. Hope this helps?

Henry111
03-23-2022, 09:25 AM
We bought an enormous package of roof sealants (https://www.rvhometown.com/best-rv-roof-sealants/). In freezing Maryland weather, we learned we couldn't keep the hoses within the van. We heated the putty bottles ahead of the radiators and took them out into the van to complete. some bottles froze hard. We placed an excellent hot container of the predicament in large ziplock bags to loosen the sealant. It worked. Then we found that a ziplock bag had a hole, a mastic tube was damaged because of a faulty ziplock bag. We decide to cut the pipes with the blades in warmer temperatures to finish the projects with the roof sealant.