PDA

View Full Version : Dometic Awning- 2007 Tour Master

KPMullen
09-16-2021, 07:37 AM
I'm back! ;)

Quick, easy question, I hope. I found the manual for my WeatherPro power awning. It references a Control Box which should be mounted in a cabinet near the door. I've searched all the cabinets and not found the little bugger.

Any ideas where I should be looking?

Thanks,

Kevin

riverofcode
09-16-2021, 08:18 AM
I have a 2008 TM t40c and mine is located in the forward basement bay near the entry door in the top right corner.

KPMullen
09-16-2021, 08:19 AM
Thanks,

I'll take another look.

Kevin

Chuck v
09-16-2021, 09:31 AM
My 2007 Tour Master also had the awning control box on the rear wall of the front curbside bay where the freezer slide is located. It is rather high up on the wall to not get bumped by articles in the bay, so you may need to stoop down a bit to spy it...

Chuck

riverofcode
09-16-2021, 09:38 AM
It will likely look like this tucked in about as far up as possible...

KPMullen
09-16-2021, 05:01 PM
Thanks

Kevin

KPMullen
09-26-2021, 11:25 AM
Thanks, everyone.

And because I love to share... here's the manual for anyone else who may be looking for it.

Kevin

MBDTMrig
09-26-2021, 01:05 PM
I have the same model and year and the control is mounted in the cabinet just aft of the wheel on the top right of the back wall. Mine has been bypassed to make the awning work.

proost
09-26-2021, 02:55 PM
Speaking of which, tree took out my wind sensor Up on the roof for that same system. Does anyone know if the new Dometic Weather Pro wind sensors they sell are a compatible replacement with the wiring up there?

riverofcode
09-27-2021, 10:28 AM
This is the replacement sensor I put on my coach in Dec of 2018.
https://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-wind-sensor-w-pro.html

Abbcarlin
09-27-2021, 12:33 PM
I'm back! ;)

Quick, easy question, I hope. I found the manual for my WeatherPro power awning. It references a Control Box which should be mounted in a cabinet near the door. I've searched all the cabinets and not found the little bugger.

Any ideas where I should be looking?

Thanks,

Kevin
Glad you found the manual and control box. Our awning is stuck in closed position with a likely dead motor. Have you figured out how to open it manually in order to get to the motor to replace it? TIA

riverofcode
09-27-2021, 12:35 PM
A dead wind sensor will also prevent the awning from opening. I recall that there is a way to override the opening lockout that involved the remote control but I don't remember exactly how.

proost
09-27-2021, 08:34 PM
This is the replacement sensor I put on my coach in Dec of 2018.
https://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-wind-sensor-w-pro.html
Thanks Scott. This one is good to go on my awning but it's the other one on the roof that is out. Thanks though! ~ Phil

KPMullen
10-16-2021, 06:19 PM
So, I found the control box right where everyone described it. For some reason, I was thinking of an inside cabinet, not a basement cabinet. :rolleyes: It does not have the wind speed setting/LED's described in the Owners Manual. (Picture attached)

Also, I've not found a wind sensor anywhere. Is it integral to the awning or roof-mounted?

Sorry, Abbcarlin... I can't help you with that one. I have power and a working motor. I needed help holding the retract button while I helped turn the tube.

Kevin

proost
10-16-2021, 07:14 PM
Also, I've not found a wind sensor anywhere. Is it integral to the awning or roof-mounted?

There are two or at least that's the case with mine. The chrome piece attached to the front end of the awning that has a bell shape. Also, there should be one up on your roof which is a vertical cylinder shape with 4 prongs/wires on top that attach to a cap. Presumably, this type of sensor uses the wires for wind speed. If I find an image (mine is broken), I post it.

proost
10-16-2021, 07:25 PM
If I find an image (mine is broken), I post it.

Here is the manual that has pictures of the sensors!

KPMullen
01-23-2022, 09:51 AM
Thanks Scott. This one is good to go on my awning but it's the other one on the roof that is out. Thanks though! ~ Phil
Phil,

That doesn't appear to be the roof sensor. [What's left of mine is a round white plastic base as shown in Fig. 1.6A on p. 5 of the manual you shared.]

Have you (or anyone else) been able to find a replacement or substitute for that sensor? I can't even find a schematic with an OEM part number to cross reference.

Kevin

proost
01-23-2022, 01:36 PM
Phil,

That doesn't appear to be the roof sensor. [What's left of mine is a round white plastic base as shown in Fig. 1.6A on p. 5 of the manual you shared.]

Have you (or anyone else) been able to find a replacement or substitute for that sensor? I can't even find a schematic with an OEM part number to cross reference.

Kevin

That’s the one! There is a replacement sensor available on eBay and online but it looks totally different. I am not sure if it is a plug and play replacement. One of us may have to bite the bullet! Ha ha

KPMullen
02-06-2022, 09:51 AM
That’s the one! There is a replacement sensor available on eBay and online but it looks totally different. I am not sure if it is a plug-and-play replacement. One of us may have to bite the bullet! Ha ha

Here's what I found when I got up on the roof. It's located just above the entry door. I would really love to find an exact replacement that can simply be screwed on or swapped out.

Kevin

proost
02-06-2022, 07:45 PM
Here's what I found when I got up on the roof. It's located just above the entry door. I would really love to find an exact replacement that can simply be screwed on or swapped out.

Kevin

I will get a hold of Millie at Gulf Stream and see what she has on the drawings for this system including the part number. Then perhaps we can contact Dometic and see if there is an easy swap out replacement.