PDA

View Full Version : 1st winterization. water pump mishap

NERoamer
10-23-2021, 04:09 PM
Well, I finished my first winterization earlier. The process was all going very smoothly until the very end :( . I had forgotten to flush the antifreeze through the toilet and so had to undo the line to pump and set up the siphon tube again. The pump brought in a little bit and then stopped pulling in the antifreeze. I shut off the pump. Couldn't see any leaks or anything. I tried turning it on again and it worked for a short time to finish the job. Then I shut off the pump.
Well I went to turn the pump back on one more time to get the last of the antifreeze out of the siphon tube and the lights are on but nobody's home! Pump not turning on at all! I'm wondering if maybe there was a thickness to the brand of antifreeze that clogged the line toward the end and then it short circuited?

The trailer is plugged into shore power. Still, as I had only plugged it in this morning, I thought there was a chance the battery had dipped down so I waited a couple hours but still nothing. I checked the fuse and it doesn't look bad. I also flipped all breakers off and then back on. Any ideas?

NERoamer
10-23-2021, 04:16 PM
Add: Fortunately at least I've got an appointment for my trailer to go for it's annual inspection Wednesday before I shut it all down. I'll have them check it if I can't figure anything out but I'm hoping it's nothing big with the supply chain issues these days.

NERoamer
10-23-2021, 05:20 PM
I talked to my Dad just now (not an RV owner but experienced with pumps) and he has a theory which does make sense. The system is filled with anti-freeze so the pressure switch is not allowing the pump to go on as a safeguard. Does that sound plausible?

THenne1713
10-31-2021, 03:33 PM
Did you try to open a faucet? It maybe built up pressure and shut off?