PDA

View Full Version : TV/cable hookups

deplorablemike
11-24-2021, 06:57 PM
I can't seem to make our tv to get cable in campgrounds.We have a 2020 vintage 19erd.The radio/dvd player does work as we can watch movies.But no cable.We have 2 coaxial connectors (aux/sat) and (tv+booster)in dinette and also AV/RCA style jacks.Bedroom and patio only tv jacks no AV/RCA.Outside for input we have 2 coax connectors (sat and cable).No real instructions in owners manual.So are the satellite and cable paired somewhere or are the tv and cable paired?Any of this go through the radio/dvd player at some point?Be nice to have some instructions.

MidTn37090
11-27-2021, 05:26 AM
Here is a typical signal map. Hope it helps.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129655&d=1486922410

Smithcd46
12-05-2021, 10:30 AM
Make sure the booster is off when using the cable input. Not always obvious.

Drwybo
12-05-2021, 12:41 PM
We have a 2020 Vista cruiser 19erd and there is a cable splitter buried in the wall behind the Aux/Sat and TV cover plate. Maybe something came loose on it.

Seadog63
12-05-2021, 08:04 PM
Start searching and check every contain. Sometimes in the build of these units they don’t tighten enough or are hardly threaded on. I would think that if your cable screws in from the outside that somewhere on the opposite side would be where the splitter would be. Also for what it’s worth call the manufacturer, typically they have a customer service to help out, worth a try.

deplorablemike
12-09-2021, 06:01 PM
First-Thank you all for replies. Here's what we were able to make work.Inside there are 2 coax connecters TV with booster on bottom,Aux/Satellite on top (we used the TV w/booster off).Out side we have 2 coax connectors top is marked "Cable" bottom is marked "Satellite"(we could make it work on "Satellite").So I think outside is mismarked or misconnected."Satellite"outside should go to "Aux/Satellite"inside and "Cable" outside should go to TV/booster inside.Once we get home we'll check the bedroom and patio coaxes to make sure everything is connected correctly.Our trailer must have been built on a "Monday".