PDA

View Full Version : Conquest 6237LE House Battery not charging while driving

jmodares
12-06-2021, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a 2018 Conquest 6237LE and recently noticed that the house battery is not charging while I drive the rig. It charges fine with the generator, and when it is connected to the outside electric lines. I also tried using the jump switch which is supposed to click when the ignition is on but it does not.

All the indicators point at a faulty solenoid, or relay, or isolator, which I have not been able to locate it.

Can anyone please point me to where this device may have been installed or attached? Sure appreciate it.

Happy Holidays,
Jeff M.

THenne1713
12-12-2021, 09:38 AM
On mine CHARGE SOLENOID UNDER HOOD, on firewall in front of driver; BOOST under step, both need to be continuous duty rated?

Oldflyboy
12-16-2021, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a 2018 Conquest 6237LE and recently noticed that the house battery is not charging while I drive the rig. It charges fine with the generator, and when it is connected to the outside electric lines. I also tried using the jump switch which is supposed to click when the ignition is on but it does not.

All the indicators point at a faulty solenoid, or relay, or isolator, which I have not been able to locate it.

Can anyone please point me to where this device may have been installed or attached? Sure appreciate it.

Happy Holidays,
Jeff M.

Your comment makes me wonder.
How did you know that the house battery was not charging from the engine alternator? Boondockiig with out generator running?

THenne1713
12-16-2021, 05:22 PM
Your comment makes me wonder.
How did you know that the house battery was not charging from the engine alternator? Boondocking without generator running?

I have not experienced "not charging from ALT" (yet) but did replace my BOOST solenoid under step this year because I found it would CLUNK but not connect to allow trickle charge topping off chassis battery from CONVERTER. I VERIFY w/ USB charge adapter plugged into dash that has a built-in digital voltmeter. Replacement cured issue.