PDA

View Full Version : Furnace quits working

lets go
04-11-2022, 06:06 PM
Been camping in the cold recently and the propane furnace will work for a little while (no set time may be 15 minutes or may be 1/2 hour ) then the flame will go out and not restart for a few minutes. Suspected a bad regulator so I turned a burner on and watch the flame, when the heater would go into shut down mode the flame on burner would drop to just about nothing and in a short time go back up to full flame . Nothing else turned on no frig or hot water heater

Has anybody had any experiences like this and how did you get the problem fixed ?

Chuck v
04-11-2022, 08:12 PM
This sort of thing can happen in cold weather when a tank gets near empty -- the evaporating propane will freeze up the tank and regulator. Did you happen to look at the tank surface and the regulator during the symptom?

Chuck

lets go
04-11-2022, 09:36 PM
The tank was just down 5 gals out of 19 , I did look at the tank and no frost showing how ever I never looked at the regulator because it had a plastic cover over it

FreedMeister
04-18-2022, 03:59 PM
Sure sounds like a regulator sticking.

THenne1713
04-19-2022, 01:10 AM
Been camping in the cold recently and the propane furnace will work for a little while (no set time may be 15 minutes or may be 1/2 hour ) then the flame will go out and not restart for a few minutes. Suspected a bad regulator so I turned a burner on and watch the flame, when the heater would go into shut down mode the flame on burner would drop to just about nothing and in a short time go back up to full flame . Nothing else turned on no frig or hot water heater

Has anybody had any experiences like this and how did you get the problem fixed ?
Yes, I have read several posts where LP regulator was replaced to cure furnace problem, and suddenly REFRIG also works "better than ever since owned".