PDA

View Full Version : Greeting everyone

Traveltramp
05-25-2022, 12:23 PM
Well I'm brand new, just bought a new to us 2007 GS tourmaster and I am looking forward to gaining any information or help that I can.

Cheers

Chuck v
05-25-2022, 02:43 PM
Welcome!

Lots of threads on that model in the forum archives so searching will give you a great deal to read. Ask any specific questions you have as well...

Which floorplan do you have? Is yours a Mercedes or a Cummins motor?

Chuck

KPMullen
06-05-2022, 10:57 AM
Greetings and welcome.
There are a few of us here endeavoring to keep our 2007 Tour Masters up and running.
Always glad to share whatever meager knowledge we've managed to acquire (and retain).
I bought my rig used (repossessed) with zero documentation so getting up to speed on all the house systems has been challenging.

Kevin

Bike Dr
06-05-2022, 09:38 PM
Welcome Welcome all! You will come to love your class a as we do, learning the ins and outs of your coaches is half the fun! Most system operations are pretty straight forward but many many different configurations. There are many very knowledgeable people on this forum and myself that will be glad to offer any information and insight you may need to help to keep your new to you rides in tip top shape for your future adventures, congrats on your coaches.

Bike Dr
05 Gulfstream Atrium SE 8410 41'4"
Toad
2017 20' Wellers enclosed trailer w
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini Cooper

thesaylors2004
06-08-2022, 10:24 AM
Good morning y'all. First time owners of a new camper. Just wanting to check out the site, maybe find some interesting things about our Gulf Stream. Look forward to reading post and posting about campsites and different camping related things. We are parents of 3 grown sons with two granddaughters and two grandsons. Looking to getting them in to camping life.

The Saylors
2022 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite Conquest 236RL

Traveltramp
06-11-2022, 04:18 PM
We have the 40f with the Mercedes engine.

Bike Dr
06-11-2022, 10:47 PM
The tourmaster 40f is a very nice coach you will enjoy it. Ours is 41' Atrium model also has tons of basement storage. We have the Cat engine and has been very dependable. The Mercedes engine will serve you well even pulling a trailer as we do or a Toad. On the interior we upgraded everything! In 05 and 07 were very out dated. I Pulled new cables through the coach for hdmi, ethernet, digital optical 7.1 surround that can be watched on any of 3 tvs all smart. Full alxea or Google all completely voice controlled, gps, no more rca hookups. Changed all lighting to led Inside and out, now have hardly any draw on the batteries for boondocking. New led thermostats front and rear, all new led faucets throughout the coach new bath sink. Tankless water heater is next and highly recommend one if you don't already have one, one of the best upgrades to have in my opinion!! Happy camping you will come to love your tourmaster as we do our Atrium!!

Chuck v
06-12-2022, 11:05 AM
TravelTramp,

Welcome to the forum! My 2007 T40C also had the Mercedes engine and since it was a chassis made in late 2006 by Freightliner, it did not require the DEF like later units did. It proved to be a very good engine and running gear with the Allison transmission...and achieved reasonable fuel efficiency even when towing.

I have a somewhat different opinion about water heaters, since I lived in my coach full time and kept it in an RV park slip most of the time. The water heater is a 10 gallon unit and has fairly rapid recovery -- plus it has both electric and gas hating elements. When on shore power, it is much more cost effective to use electric heat for water, and you don't need to go fill the coach's propane tank nearly as often. I ran about 4 or five loads of laundry a week on my Saturday off, and never had any shortage of hot water since the heater recovered faster than the washer finished a load.

If you do a lot of dry camping, or if you only use your coach for "outings" and travel by a propane refill station regularly, then using gas to heat water is a personal choice -- I am not aware of any tankless water heaters that use other fuels.

Anything you choose to do to your coach is your decision of course, and there are many enhancements and custom modifications on RV units in this Class A Diesel Pusher group as you will see by reading the archives here...

Enjoy your RV!!

Chuck