PDA

View Full Version : 23RLS Bumper

CindiM
06-06-2022, 09:12 AM
We have a 23RLS (Enlighten) and want to add a rear cargo holder. Does anyone know how much weight the bumper can handle? I've looked, but cannot find any information.

Dennis4809
06-12-2022, 09:40 AM
No idea of this particular trailer but in general, those bumpers are not intended to carry much more than a spare tire. If you add a carrier, I’d carry bulky things, not heavy things. Remember that weight added to the rear will pull some off the hitch. To little hitch weight makes for very unstable driving.

Jbahr
06-12-2022, 01:39 PM
I agree you don’t want to carry a lot of weight on the bumper. There is a lot of bounce when you add carriers. There are some bolt on products that will help support extra weight. However, what I did was to add a RV trailer hitch between the frames. The receiver is now hanging right under the bumper. We carry two heavy electric bikes and there is very little shake on the bike rack. There are also different types of trailer hitches to choose from. Some you can drill and mount to the beam others you have to weld.. They are all adjustable, but you need to find the one that works with the campers support frame, like hollow beam or I- beam. You just have to do a little research. Also, check with the dealer or manufacturer to make sure you don’t void your warranty.
Hope this helps,
Jerry

THenne1713
06-14-2022, 08:51 PM
Most are thinwall look for label that DO NOT MOUNT ANYTHING and plan for FRAME MOUNT RECEIVER; BEWARE DRAG/ CLEARANCE ISSUES CAUSE BY FRAME HITCH (REDUCED ground clearance) WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CARRY?