PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Ameri-Lite 236rl

thesaylors2004
06-07-2022, 09:42 PM
Good evening. Trying to find out what this button does...(see attachment). Any help is appreciated. As the title says, we have a 2022 Ameri-Lite 236RL. When we flip this switch, nothing happens...

tmbrwlvs
06-12-2022, 09:28 AM
Wow! Crazy it’s not marked. Hope you get your answer on here. I’m curious as well. Good luck!

Bill Nicholson
06-12-2022, 08:03 PM
Could it be your awning lights, or your "porch light"?

thesaylors2004
06-13-2022, 06:12 AM
We finally got a response from the dealership and was told it was for either awning lights or under step lights and would be an easy install; would just have to schedule a time with them for it to be done.

THenne1713
06-14-2022, 09:53 PM
Where is this panel located in floorplan? E.g. My floorplan I have one on wall between bed-bath that controls wall light over shower, which makes a good bath nightlight when needed. Thinking forther, if close to door= terrible location for a thermostat

Crazy Fish
06-21-2022, 11:05 AM
For our 236rl after calling Gulfstream directly & talking to the service department, it was the mystery switch & the tech just laughed. She said she gets calls all the time on it. For us it is the electric side to the hot water tank. We tested it out with out the gas side activated &boy did that water get Hot. The tech also stated not to turn it on unless there is water in the water tank or it will burn up. Hope it helps.

thesaylors2004
06-22-2022, 11:10 AM
For our 236rl after calling Gulfstream directly & talking to the service department, it was the mystery switch & the tech just laughed. She said she gets calls all the time on it. For us it is the electric side to the hot water tank. We tested it out with out the gas side activated &boy did that water get Hot. The tech also stated not to turn it on unless there is water in the water tank or it will burn up. Hope it helps.
Thanks, I'll check on this and see if ours is the same then make it as such. You'd think it being kind of that important they would have marked it. Wonder how many water heaters will have to burn up before they figure it out ?

NavyLCDR
06-22-2022, 10:23 PM
Be aware that if your water heater is a Suburban with an electric element there will also be a switch in the lower left corner on the water heater itself behind the outside access/grill door. That switch will also have to be on.

Dannybo
09-13-2022, 10:07 PM
I just bought the same camper (2022 236RL) it also has this switch, it also seems to do nothing. Did anyone get the final answer to what it's for?

Also I don't see awning lights on ours & thought they all came with awning LED lights?

I also think our water heater is electric & gas but dealership said it was only gas??

Our dealership wasn't knowledgeable at all.

NavyLCDR
09-13-2022, 11:12 PM
I just bought the same camper (2022 236RL) it also has this switch, it also seems to do nothing. Did anyone get the final answer to what it's for?

Also I don't see awning lights on ours & thought they all came with awning LED lights?

I also think our water heater is electric & gas but dealership said it was only gas??

What model water heater do you have? Have you opened the outside vent door for the water heater and looked for a label?

Life on the fishing pier
09-14-2022, 06:45 AM
Seems odd that switch would control the AC side of the water heater. It looks like a 12VDC switch. Do you have outside speakers? I have a switch like that and it's for the blue LED lights in the outside speakers.

NavyLCDR
09-14-2022, 07:25 AM
Seems odd that switch would control the AC side of the water heater. It looks like a 12VDC switch. Do you have outside speakers? I have a switch like that and it's for the blue LED lights in the outside speakers.

Inside electric water heater switches are 12v DC. They operate a relay in the control panel of the water heater which energizes when turned on to then supply 120v AC through the outside water heater switch to the thermostat which controls the electric heating element. However, most inside water heater electric switches are lighted to indicate when turned on.

NavyLCDR
09-14-2022, 07:26 AM
You could pull the switch off the wall, check the hot side for 12v DC with a multimeter, and then pull 12v DC fuses one at a time to at least see what circuit it is on.

Life on the fishing pier
09-14-2022, 08:42 AM
Inside electric water heater switches are 12v DC. They operate a relay in the control panel of the water heater which energizes when turned on to then supply 120v AC through the outside water heater switch to the thermostat which controls the electric heating element. However, most inside water heater electric switches are lighted to indicate when turned on.

The pictured panel has a lighted water heater switch. Mine works on 120VAC and or 12VDC/propane. There is a breaker on the main panel as well is the outside rocker switch located at the lower left corner of the heater. Both systems work independently of each other and can work simultaneously.

NavyLCDR
09-14-2022, 11:20 AM
The pictured panel has a lighted water heater switch. Mine works on 120VAC and or 12VDC/propane. There is a breaker on the main panel as well is the outside rocker switch located at the lower left corner of the heater. Both systems work independently of each other and can work simultaneously.

Correct. Some electric capable water heaters do not have an inside switch, only an outside switch. But for those electric capable water heaters with an inside switch, the inside switch is 12v DC. It may be turned on with the light on, but even then the 120v AC outside switch must also be turned on. Electric/propane water heaters will have both 120v AC breakers and 12v DC fuses.

Dannybo
09-14-2022, 02:10 PM
Here's pics of the setup & label. I haven't had a chance to connect water & power to it yet

NavyLCDR
09-15-2022, 12:01 AM
Here's pics of the setup & label. I haven't had a chance to connect water & power to it yet

It is a gas and electric model and according to the installation manual for the water heater, it has inside switches for both gas and electric.

Diamond Dave
09-28-2022, 09:03 PM
Good evening. Trying to find out what this button does...(see attachment). Any help is appreciated. As the title says, we have a 2022 Ameri-Lite 236RL. When we flip this switch, nothing happens...
This is the electric water heater switch. Just make sure the system is not in bypass due to winterizing or it being new otherwise you could burn out the heating element

thesaylors2004
10-13-2022, 01:06 PM
This is the electric water heater switch. Just make sure the system is not in bypass due to winterizing or it being new otherwise you could burn out the heating element

Thank you this is what we also figured out on our last trip we were able to hook up to and use the water so we tried and presto hot water with the switch on .. thanks for the replies ... Happy camping

Letsgocamping
08-09-2023, 04:41 PM
hi Dannybo,
Did you ever figure out your awning lights? I just purchased the same model as you and looks like the light strip is missing. Unless it’s a different set up than most 🤷🏼*♀️