PDA

View Full Version : New to camping

kstewart
07-11-2022, 01:58 PM
Hi! My husband and I are new to camping and have purchased a 2014 Gulfstream Visa. We're in Kansas. We're in our 60's and have a spoiled rotten little dog we take with us. We've only been out twice, but absolutely love it! I'm looking forward to fall when the temperatures are a little cooler during the day. We're having a problem with our refrigerator, so need to get it figured out before the next time we go out. I checked the temperature, and it is only getting down to 56 degrees. I called our local appliance dealer today and asked them to check it. It may require a trip to a Gulfstream dealer.

THenne1713
07-17-2022, 09:26 AM
Brand & Model #? Running on electric or LP? Precool 24-hrs and use Ice packs? Installing precooled and Frozen Foods?

proost
07-17-2022, 09:37 AM
Hi! My husband and I are new to camping and have purchased a 2014 Gulfstream Visa. We're in Kansas. We're in our 60's and have a spoiled rotten little dog we take with us. We've only been out twice, but absolutely love it! I'm looking forward to fall when the temperatures are a little cooler during the day. We're having a problem with our refrigerator, so need to get it figured out before the next time we go out. I checked the temperature, and it is only getting down to 56 degrees. I called our local appliance dealer today and asked them to check it. It may require a trip to a Gulfstream dealer.

Congrats! For repair issues, no need to visit a specific dealer. You can find a mobile RV tech or visit a (highly rated via online reviews) shop. Enjoy the road trips. Definitely let us know the type of fridge (residential or 12v/propane). There are a lot of folks with experience here so it will help you initially. It may be something simple!