PDA

View Full Version : New Owner Questions

BT Travelers
07-20-2022, 11:22 AM
We (Bob, Karen and small dog Murphy) will be picking up a 2021 BT 5245 w/ 5700 miles on it in about two weeks. Our RVing experience is a 21' 5th wheel, 22' travel trailer and, most recently, a RoadTrek Simplicity over the last 10-12 years. We are excited to build a new experience with something a little more spacious.

We will have a 30 day warrantee from the dealer starting August 4th and hope to spend a lot of time in it during August. Our question is...What kind of advise would you give people like us about: driving, slide out, heating/cooling, plumbing, electric, storage, etc.

Thanks so much for any input you can share.

dfwbmw
07-22-2022, 06:38 AM
The slide is very large and heavy, probably the max for the schwintec system. It also goes out and in over 28 inches. Do not use the dinette when the slide is in. It is not supported and can cause the bottom single track to jump a tooth. I removed the black trim at the bottom of the slide, put in whole length of dinette 1/2 thick by 2 inch wide board with about 3/4 thick carpet on bottom side and screwed it to floor of slide from behind the drawers. Put black trim back. Mine now slides and rest on floor when retracted and I can use mine. The carpet should not leave marks on the floor of the rv. It makes it nice that if you in a place you cannot put slide out you can still make and use a bed from the dinette.

As for plumbing most of the connections needed a slight tweak on the tightening of the joints to not leak.