PDA

View Full Version : New Member

slang
08-07-2022, 03:10 PM
I bought a (new to me) 2005 Gulfstream Ultra 30'. I haven't had it out yet. I want to light the water heater. Switch on wall is turned to ON, but it says "pilot Light" is off. Can't locate a switch to turn pilot light on. Some threads say to locate a switch under the sink. Nope!! Is it possible that the fuel tank switch is turned off? If so, where is it? I don't want to play around unless I know what I'm doing. Thanks for any advice.

RY469
08-10-2022, 07:10 AM
I see no one replied. Did you figure it out?
Best way to see if water heater will light is to first (of course) turn on the propane. Silver valve on the tank. Then turn on your stovetop to bleed air out of the propane piping. Make sure you have good blue flame from the stove burners. Some orange at first is normal, indicates a little air in the lines.
Ensure the water heater has water in it (don't want to heat an empty tank). Easiest is to pull little lever on the pop-off valve on the tank itself, water should come out if full. Access this valve from outside the tank (open your door for hot water heater, drivers side of unit, little tab at top of door holds it shut). With switch inside the coach on, the flame tube should light and heat the tank. You may also notice a small switch inside the water heater access (from outside). That controls your 120VAC heat, it's located bottom left corner. When shore power is connected, and this switch is on, the tank heats with an electric coil. Purpose of this switch is to turn off electric heat when the tank is empty, like after winterization, etc. Don't want to burn up the coil.
So does the water heater light with propane? It will try three times, then you should cycle the switch inside the coach to get it to try again. If it try's, but does not light, there's several things to check, but I think I've written enough for one session :)

THenne1713
08-14-2022, 02:04 PM
First make sure FULL of water, in GAS mode, may take 3-5 attempts for first lighting to bleed AIR from piping, Also make sure VALVE ON LP TANK is turned on Fully, NOT just cracked open?