PDA

View Full Version : Battery.

Jefnalm
08-22-2022, 12:20 PM
How long can my camper battery last. Want to do an overnight stop at rest stops to sleep overnight on a two day drive.

Flower
08-22-2022, 02:18 PM
We have been OK with our Vista Cruiser 19BFD overnight in a rest area with refrigerator on propane no heat and only using the vent fan less than one hour and using the water pump a little. What uses the battery most I think is the fan in the heater.

Life on the fishing pier
08-22-2022, 07:23 PM
My VC 23RSS does just fine overnight even with the furnace running. On the way south last year the first night was right below freezing and the second dropped into the 20's. We prefer it fairly cool at night so indoor temps were around 60*F. No problems at all with a newer stock battery. Our 21 Tundra charged it back up for the next night.

NavyLCDR
08-23-2022, 01:09 PM
How long can my camper battery last. Want to do an overnight stop at rest stops to sleep overnight on a two day drive.

That's like asking how far can I go on a tank of gas. That really depends on what equipment you have in the trailer that needs 12 volts, what you actually run in the trailer that needs 12 volts and what is the capacity of your battery.

If you have a 12v DC only refrigerator that has a compressor, and the typical 85 - 100 Ah battery that dealer's install, you will be "dead" in the morning (meaning 50% discharged for a lead-acid battery).

THenne1713
08-28-2022, 11:36 AM
Without furnace, should have no trouble making 8+ hours, and will recharge after resuming drive. In 25-deg weather with furnace at 55-60, we used to get 5+ hours on battery, before having to crank GEN. in our Class-C w/ single (24/27?) battery.